Monday, September 28, 2015 – 7:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 7:35 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, CJ O’Brien, Chloe Sension (late), Jordan Maharaj, Mustafa Alemi, Abel Mercado, David Ellman.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Lee Mintz.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Visitors Present: Sergio Cisneros, Anthony Lee.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. ELLMAN/MAHARAJ CARRIED, (6-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes. ALEMI/ELLMAN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT:
A. Sergio introduced himself and told JAC that he has 4 sisters. B. Anthony introduced himself.
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Brenna told Jordan to go get oatmeal.
- #BA 15-01 Elections Code, JAC discussed the following: 1. Percentages will be discussed next week. 2. Made changes to campaigning section.
- Attendance Report: The attendance report was reviewed.
- Duties- dates and and accountability: CJ O’brien made a friendly amendment to move information item C. Duties- dates and accountability to under Action, as item C. There were no objections to the amendment. O’BRIEN/ALEMI
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointment and resignation memo as attached. SENSION/MAHARAJ CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Gervin Prado for missing the A.S University Council meeting on 9/23/15, copy attached. ALEMI/O’BRIEN FAILED, (0-6-0)
- Duties-dates and accountability: It was moved and seconded to approve October 9th as the tabling requirement deadline, and November 29th as all requirements deadline. ALEMI/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:40 AM. ELLMAN/MERCADO CARRIED, (6-0-0)