Monday, September 21, 2015 – 7:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 7:35 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, CJ O’Brien, Chloe Sension (late), Jordan Maharaj, Mustafa Alemi, Abel Mercado, David Ellman.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. MAHARAJ/ELLMAN CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes. ELLMAN/MAHARAJ CARRIED, (5-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Brenna told a story about recruitment.
- #BA 15-01 Elections Code, JAC discussed the following:
- Reprimands 1-3, no more campaigning.
- Minor vs Major infractions
- Draft language
- Attendance Report: The attendance report was reviewed.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointment and resignation memo as attached. MAHARAJ/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: None.
- Bylaw Amendment Date: It was moved and seconded to confirm the due date for amendments to October 23. SENSION/ELLMAN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Vice Chair Elections: It was moved and seconded to open nominations for vice chair election. SENSION/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to close nominations for vice chair election. O’BRIEN/ELLMAN CARRIED, (6-0-0) Chloe and Jordan gave brief remarks on why they should be selected as the JAC Vice Chair.
• Chloe- 2
• Jordan- 4
It was moved and seconded to approve Jordan as the new Vice Chair. SENSION/MERCADO CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Chloe gave a report from her visit to BOD.
- Jordan will follow up with Jenna regarding her tabling dates.
- Brenna asked council members to look over elections code for homework.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:55 AM. MAHARAJ/MERCADO CARRIED, (6-0-0)