A.S. Chief Justice Kiana Caton called the meeting to order at 8:06 AM in Visionary Suite at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
A. Voting Members Present: Kiana Caton, Sergio Cisneros, Brenna Culliton, Dillon McLean, Erik Tamiyasu, Jacob Grant, Sarah Nohrden
B. Voting Members Absent: None.
C. Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
D. Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
E. Visitors Present: Niveen Kryakos, Owen Burton, Patty Masengale, Jordan Mishlove.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
CISNEROS/MCLEAN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to approve the Judicial Affairs Council minutes from 10/10/14 as attached.
CULLITON/CISNEROS CARRIED, (6-0-0)
Kiana reported that the AS Board of Directors Student at Large interviews were this past weekend and a selection was made.
A. Appointments and Resignations:
1. It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
A friendly amendment was made to add the appointment of Marc Hess to the AS Board of Directors as a Student-at-Large.
The appointments and resignations memo was approved as amended, (6-0-0)
B. Requests for Excused Absence:
1. It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Blaire Ward for missing the Campus Life Council meeting on 10/15/14, copy attached.
GRANT/MCLEAN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
2. It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Niveen Kryakos for missing the Campus Life Council meeting on 10/15/14, copy attached.
MCLEAN/CISERNOS CARRIED, (6-0-0)
3. It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Kevin Hancock for missing the Board of Directors meeting on 10/20/14, copy attached.
CISNEROS/NOHRDEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
C. Last Chance Alternative Proposal:
1. It was moved and seconded to add Niveen Kryakos’ Last Chance Alternative Proposal to the agenda as Action Item C.
GRANT/MCLEAN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
2. It was moved and seconded to approve the Last Chance Alternative Proposal for Niveen Kryakos. She will be missing the first thirty minutes of the Campus Life Council meetings. In addition to her required duties, she will also serve on the Commuter Student Advisory Board.
NOHRDEN/CULLITON CARRIED, (6-0-0)
A. Attendance and Duties Report: The attendance and duties report was reviewed.
B. Last Chance Alternative Proposal (Time Certan 8:05 am): Niveen Kryakos presented her Last Chance Alternative Proposal and it was moved to action. See Action Item C above.
C. Attendance (Time Certain 8:15 am): Owen Burton and Patty Masengale came in to discuss their attendance.
D. Tabling Requirements (Time Certain 8:30 am): Jordan Mishlove clarified that he completed his tabling requirement and will ask Kevin Hancock to submit the form for him that same day.
E. Bylaw Amendments: 1)Brenna working on reprimand bylaw 2) Sarah working on Section D 3) Jennifer working on referendum amendment 4) Dillon working on JAC attendance, BOD attendance, and non-voting seats for JAC on BOD and the two councils amendments
A. Last day to register to vote is Monday.
B. Aztecs Rock Hunger starts today! Help JAC win!
C. Campus Community Commission Representative and Elections Coordinator applications are available now.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:36 AM.
NOHRDEN/TAMIYASU CARRIED, (5-0-0)