JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 – 7:00 am
Stephen L. Weber Boardroom • Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. Chief Justice Sean Guardian called the meeting to order at 7:03 am in the Stephen L. Weber Boardroom at the PPG Alumni Center.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Sean Guardian, Kiana Caton, Tyler French, Alex Johnstone, Abby Kim, Maneet Deol, Dillon McLean.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
FRENCH/KIM CARRIED, (6-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the minutes from the last two meetings, as attached.
JOHNSTONE/FRENCH CARRIED, (6-0-0)
V. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Sean wished everyone a good winter break.
Jennifer will work with Lee on a diversity workshop at the spring retreat.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the Appointment and Review Committee’s recommendation of appointing Chad Karczewski to the AS Board of Directors. FRENCH/JOHNSTONE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Elections Committee Minutes: It was moved and seconded to approve the Elections Committee minutes from 11/22/13, as attached. JOHNSTONE/DEOL CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Elections Code Amendments: It was moved and seconded to approve the proposed Elections Code amendments, as attached. CATON/FRENCH CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Facilities Committee Amendments: It was moved and seconded to approve the proposed Facilities Committee charter amendments, as attached. JOHNSTONE/FRENCH CARRIED, (5-0-0)
Final meeting of the semester this Wednesday at 9 am.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 7:16 am.
FRENCH/CATON CARRIED, (5-0-0)