SEPTEMBER 30, 2015 – COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
I. CALL TO ORDER:
Executive Vice President Leo Carillo called the meeting to order at 3:30 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL:
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Tyler Aguilar, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Vanessa Girard, Suraj Patel, Meghan Andrade, Michael Liu, Itzelt Santos, Jack Doheny, Vivian Lee, Megan Dickson, Jamie Miller, Daniel Matlock, Chris Thomas, Arnelle Sambile, Michaela Hurtienne, Megan Goodman, Lorena Acosta, Patty Masengale, Trevor Yarnall, Kelsey Moss.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Paige, Nulliner, Christina Brown, Shelby Walker for Jenna Beuck.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Randy Timm.
- Visitors Present: Rick Inaizin, Brittany Colter-Graham.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of September 30, 2015. MATLOCK/ANDRADE CARRIED
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of September 16, 2015. DOHENY/ACOSTA CARRIED
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Randy Timm: None.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown:
- Reported on the full-time staff retreat.
- If you have not met with Christina, please do so. She would love to meet with all CLC members!
- SDSU Athletics Presentation:
- There will be two different football games to collect food to support Aztecs Rock Hunger.
- Encouraged all students to come out and support SDSU Athletics.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- General Consent Agenda: (Action) It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached. YARNALL/PATEL CARRIED
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Leo Carillo, Executive Vice President:
- Filmed Homecoming Promo Video last Sunday.
- March to the Arch will be this Thursday.
- Shared with members “Believe In Yourself” video.
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Reminded members on housekeeping rules, such as: no cell phones, no side conversations, and remember to always wear your polos to meetings.
- Survey ended today and will be analyzed soon.
- Vision developed at retreat will be in everyone’s mailbox.
- Introduced Paige, Chief of Staff, to report on the following:
- 90% of designee positions have been filled.
- There are 46 members at FLI.
- Thanked everyone for supporting first years becoming leaders on our campus.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations:
- Tyler will be sending out CSSA letter to support Perkins Loan.
- There are eleven bills on table that have not been signed by the governor and Tyler phone banked the governor’s office today.
- Pushed for voter registration.
- Ice Cream Social was a success.
- Reminded council members that Speaker of the House, Toni Atkins, will be coming to UC meeting and encouraged everyone to come out.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Applauded everyone on great reports!
- Financial Affairs Committee had retreat this past Friday.
- Challenged council members to follow through with the CalFresh Challenge: living on $34 for a week.
- All boards and commissions should have one rep involved in Aztecs Rock Hunger.
- Encouraged members to come to football games to support athletics.
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- Thanked everyone for coming to the Deans Panel.
- At next Univerity Council meeting, Rayanne Williams will be talking about the new wait-list system.
- If anyone is interested in sitting on a University Senate Committee, please let Andrea know.
- Lorena Acosta, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- All commissions are doing great!
- She’s working on the A.S Mentor/Mentee Program with Paige.
- If you know any first year student, please let them know about First-year Leadership Initiative so they can get involved.
- Patty Masengale, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Spread Your Roots will be tonight, please come out and support the first Aztec Student Union Board event.
- Reminded members to be inclusive in Associated Students.
- Encouraged everyone to step out of their comfort zones and talk to strangers about A.S, not just people they already know.
- Trevor Yarnall, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Trevor is working on having a location for a beer garden. Ideal place is the courtyard.
- Wants to do more bonding events with everyone.
- Encouraged members to spend time in the A.S office to get to know each other.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. DICKSON/SANTOS CARRIED Executive Vice President Leo Carillo adjourned the meeting at 5:34 PM.