SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE A.S. BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND THE THREE COUNCILS
Monday, November 15, 2015 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Blaire Ward called the meeting to order at 3:30 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Tyler Aguilar, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Loreana Acosta, Keagan Casey, Sergio Cisneros, Anthony Lee, Patty Masengale, Trevor Yarnall, Chloe Sension, Vanessa Girard, Suraj Patel, Meghan Andrade, Michael Liu, Itzelt Santos, Jack Doheny, Megan Dickson, Kelsey Moss, Vivian Lee, Jamie Miller, Daniel Matlock, Chris Thomas, Arnelle Sambile, Michaela Hurtienne, Megan Goodman, Harrison Baum, Dylan Colliflower, Pablo Tinoco, Keaton Lash, Jaynie Lee, Paul Sullivan, Erik Tamiyasu, Megan Mahdi, Ana Morino, Lewis Collazo, Ian Fielden, Marisa Cubing, Muriel Robotta, Alexis Dumitrescu, Justin Fatoohi, Gervin Prado, Jonny Semaan, Nate Lloyd, Shawn Tenny.
- Voting Members Absent: Christy Samarkos, Jessica Rentto, Brenna Culliton, Mustafa Alemi, David Ellman, Jordan Maharaj, Abel Mercado, CJ O’Brien, Jenna Beuck, Ty Yates, Sinthia Garcia.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Randy Timm, Dr. Cezar Ornatowski, Vitaliano Figueroa, Linh Phan, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: Paige Nulliner.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designees
- Dr. Randy Timm reported on the following:
- Engage students in discussion on Missouri issue.
- Rebranding new leadership minor.
- Aztec Core deadline is today at 4pm
- Vitaliano Figueroa reported on the following:
- Met with students and student leaders regarding the Emergency Crisis Response Team.
- University Senate Designee, Dr. Ornatowski reported on the following:
- Rayanne Williams will make a presentation on December 1st at the University Senate meeting on the new waitlist system.
- Wished everyone a happy Thanksgiving.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown reported on the following:
- Congratulated Chris and Michael and Rec and Wellness for doing a great job with projects!
- Facilities will be approving official budget for the student lounge.
- Cody Barbo, AS President, 2011-2012
- Introduced himself and discussed leadership and the long term influence AS has had on his life.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Spring 2016 Meeting Schedule (handout)
- Selection of members for the Appointment and Review Committee (Action) It was moved and seconded to open the selection of members for the Appointment and Review Committee.
The following candidates were nominated on behalf of Campus Life Council:
Daniel Matlock 16
Chris Thomas 33
Itzelt Santos 13
Arnelle Sambile 29
Chris Thomas 21
Arnelle Sambile 22
Arnelle Sambile was selected to be the representative for Campus Life Council to be on the Appointment and Review Committee.
The following candidates were nominated on behalf of University Council:
Muriel Robotta 40
Shawn Tenny 11
Harrison Baum 22
Paul Sullivan 18
Muriel Robotta 31
Harrison Baum 12
Muriel Robotta was selected to be the representative for University Council to be on the Appointment and Review Committee.
The Selections were approved.
- 2015-2016 AS Vision Update: Council members shared what they have achieved related to the Vision.
VIII. REPORTS OF MEMBERS
- Blaire Ward, A.S President, reported on the following:
- Reminded members that school starts on January 20th after winter break.
- Leo Carillo, Executive Vice President, reported on the following:
- Homecoming was great! More than 38,000 filled Qualcomm Stadium at the Homecoming football game.
- Working on marketing plan for Aztecs Nights.
- Encouraged members to keep up the great work.
- Tyler, Aguilar, Vice President of External Relation, reported on the following:
- He will be going to CSSA in January. Let Tyler know if you are interested in attending.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs, reported on the following:
- Gave the Aztecs Rock Hunger planning committee a shout-out for all their effort and hard work.
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs, reported on the following:
- Let Andrea know if you have any suggestions for college council forums next year.
- Anthony Lee, ASBOD Student-At-Large, reported on the following:
- Motivated A.S leaders to keep their passion.
- Patty Masengale, ASBOD Student-At-Large, reported on the following:
- Reminded everyone to reflect upon summer retreat goals.
- Greefest is an A.S event and she would like to see everyone collaborating and not just ASUB.
- Keagan Casey, ASBOD Student-At-Large, reported on the following:
- Reminded A.S leaders that he is here if anyone ever needs.
- Trevor Yarnall, ASBOD Student-At-Large, reported on the following:
- Reminded everyone to reflect on their goals.
- Loreana Acosta, ASBOD Student-At-Large, reported on the following:
- December 2nd is the A.S holiday dinner.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:34 PM.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary