Executive President, Kevin Hancock called the meeting to order at 4:07 PM at the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
A. Voting Members Present: Kevin Hancock, Jacqueline Karczewski, Keagan Casey, Maneet Deol, Marc Hess, Alexandria Johnstone, Marilyn Martinez, Kyle Murphy, Jessica Rentto, Christy Samarkos.
B. Voting Members Absent: J. Cole, Alex Padua, Corey Polant.
C. Non-Voting Members Present: Clarice Mendoza, Christina Brown.
D. Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
E. Visitors: Vanessa Girard, Scott Semel, Sarah Katularu, Osama Alkhawaja, Hassan Abdinur, Nassim Moallem, Eric Palonsky.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
Kyle made a friendly amendment to add the Elections Grievance Process information item as Item C under Items for Consideration. A friendly amendment was made to add a time certain for adjournment at 5 PM.
The agenda was approved as amended.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 3/16/15 and 3/19/15, as attached.
A. Osama Alkawaja – addressed the two violations of the Elections Code, committed by the Divestment Coalition, explaining that the Coalition was not educated about the Elections Code.
B. Hassan Abdinur – the ASBOD promised to push the Referendum vote three week ago, but has not done their part is educating students about both sides of the argument.
C. Nassim Moallem – it would be an unfair, one-sided action to pull the referendum vote as punishment for the Divestment Coalition’s violations of the Elections Code.
D. Eric Palonsky – the Divestment Coalition broke the rules knowingly and with issues in the education of the subject and it is only fair to give them one more chance. Education should not only be the responsibility of Associated Students, but also the Divestment Coalition’s.
A. Business and Financial Affairs Designee: None.
B. University President’s Designee: None.
A. General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
B. General Consent Report (Information): The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
C. Elections Grievance Process (Information): Kevin reminded the Board of Directors that they take no action on election grievances and asked the Board if they had any questions concerning the grievance process.
A. Vice President of External Relations: Jacqueline Karczewski reported on the following:
1. The External Relation Board’s "It’s On Us" Campaign has started and more volunteers are needed for tabling. Contact Jacqueline if you’re interested.
2. Come and visit the "It’s On Us" table to sign the support the pledge and receive a bracelet. Sign the Pledge online at https://as.sdsu.edu/itsonus/.
3. Take Back the Week begins on Monday, 4/13 and ends on Thursday, 4/16.
B. Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
1. The marketing efforts for the Student Initiative Referendum have been very extensive throughout this process. Posts on the A.S. social media page, Daily Aztec ads, quarter sheets handed out to students, A-frames placed in the Union, and a campus-wide e-mail has been sent out to the student body about the upcoming Referendum vote.
2. In this process, the only money spent has been on printing and advertisements in the Daily Aztec. No money has been spent on the renting of Union space.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:43 PM.