Marketing and Communications Committee Student-At-Large
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS OFFICE
Marketing and Communications Committee Student-At-Large Position Description
The Marketing and Communications Committee (MarComm) promotes all A.S. services, events, news, and activities and communicates them to the student body and SDSU community by consistently utilizing messaging and marketing techniques to provide students with accurate and relevant information in a timely manner.
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
May not be a paid part-time employee of an Associated Students department (Aztec Recreation Center, Aztec Aquaplex, Aztec Student Union, A.S. Business Services, Government Affairs Office, Viejas Arena, Open Air Theatre, Mission Bay Aquatic Center, and SDSU Children’s Center).
- Must be interested in marketing, public relations, and communication
- Must be creative, innovative, and passionate
- Must participate in discussions and events
- Must be responsible and reliable
- Must work well as a member of a team
- Must be willing to take the initiative to participate and complete special projects
- Must have a desire to grow professionally
- Must attend weekly meetings (1-2 hours a week)
- Must be actively involved in outreach efforts on behalf of MarComm
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a volunteer (10-15 hours/week), position with expected hours to be worked during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may require the individual to spend long hours sitting and during meetings and/or presentations.