External Relations Board Student-At-Large
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS OFFICE
External Relations Board Student-At-Large Position Description
PURPOSE OF EXTERNAL RELATIONS BOARD
Advocate for student interests at local, state and national levels by coordinating the research of issues affecting students at San Diego State University and developing appropriate action plans or policy positions. Educating and informing SDSU students about policies affecting their educational experience.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF A STUDENT-AT-LARGE BOARD/COMMITTEE MEMBER
- Interested in advocacy and local, state and nation wide issues
- Participation in discussions and events
- Works well as a member of a team
- Desire to grow professionally
- Attendance at the weekly meetings (one hour a week)
- Participation in special events and programs
Education: Must be regularly enrolled SDSU student, carrying at least six units per semester.
Employment: May not be a paid part-time employee of an Associated Students department (Aztec Recreation Center, Aztec Aquaplex, Aztec Student Union, A.S. Business Services, Government Affairs Office, Viejas Arena, Open Air Theatre, Mission Bay Aquatic Center, and SDSU Children’s Center).