Campus Community Commission Student-At-Large
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS OFFICE
Campus Community Commission Student-At-Large Position Description
PURPOSE OF CAMPUS COMMUNITY COMMISSION
Serve as a community relations group for A.S., handling community relations and communication with local community planning groups, neighborhood associations and local law enforcement representatives. Involvement also includes participating on the A.S. Good Neighbor Program.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF A STUDENT-AT-LARGE BOARD/COMMITTEE MEMBER
- Interested in community outreach and event planning
- Participation in discussions and events
- Works well as a member of a team
- Desire to grow professionally
- Attendance at the weekly meetings (one hour a week)
- Participation in special community events
Education: Must be regularly enrolled SDSU student, carrying at least six units per semester.
Employment: May not be a paid part-time employee of an Associated Students department (Aztec Recreation Center, Aztec Aquaplex, Aztec Student Union, A.S. Business Services, Government Affairs Office, Viejas Arena, Open Air Theatre, Mission Bay Aquatic Center, and SDSU Children’s Center).