This volunteer position is open until March 20, 2018. Once you apply you are a member of FLI.
PURPOSE OF THE FIRST YEAR INITIATIVE
The First-Year Leadership Initiative (FLI) is a student-to-student leadership program for SDSU first-time freshmen and transfer students, where they learn about Associated Students (A.S) and how to become an active leader within A.S. and the University.
The seven-week program consists of weekly meetings where members attend workshops and interactive presentations to develop their strengths and grow their leadership. The purpose of FLI is for its members to have an understanding of Associated Students and develop both personally and professionally.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF A STUDENT-AT-LARGE BOARD/COMMITTEE MEMBER
- Contributes and participates in discussions and events
- Willing to develop team building skills
- Desire to grow professionally and enhance leadership skills
- Weekly meetings on Mondays from 5:45-6:45pm
- 1 hour meetings with your paired mentor
Education: Must be regularly enrolled SDSU student, carrying at least six units per semester.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FLI?
- Receive firsthand knowledge and understanding of Associated Students and shared governance within San Diego State University.
- Join an Associated Students board or committee that interests them, to understand the A.S. structure and become active in the process of shared governance.
- Be matched in a one-on-one mentorship with a current A.S. leader.
- Learn how to grow as a young professional and leader
IF I HAVE QUESTIONS, WHO DO I CONTACT?
Please contact Alexis Alexander, A.S. Chief of Staff at (619) 594-2937 or email@example.com.