Accounts Receivable & Contracts Clerk
Accounts Receivable & Contracts Clerk Job Description
The Accounts Receivable & Contracts Clerk completes general administrative and accounting tasks, maintains revenue information, customer information, contracts, and collections for The Daily Aztec.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and enters revenue/customer information in the Daily Aztec Invoicing Workbook sent to Associated Students Accounts Receivable.
- Sends the updated Invoicing Workbook on a weekly basis to A.S. Accounts Receivable Supervisor, Daily Aztec General Manager, and Daily Aztec Advertising Director.
- Once invoicing has been completed by AS, mails invoices to clients.
- Sends tear sheets to local and national clients per request.
- Follows up/collects on outstanding invoices as directed by the A.S. Accounts Receivable Supervisor and D.A. General Manager
- Enters contracts into the D.A. Invoicing Workbook
- Ensures contracts/accounts are assigned to the correct Daily Aztec Account Executive.
- Communicates with The Daily Aztec Office Assistant any late contracts, cancelled ads, etc. to be reflected in the current runsheet.
- Keeps Ad Director informed as to AE compliance.
- Creates reports/presentations utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as needed/required.
- Utilizes Google email and Calendar.
- Composes memorandums and letters.
- Completes filing as needed.
- Completes general administrative and accounting tasks as required.
- Assist all customers with questions and /or comments
- Assists in processing credit card and check payments.
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Greet all customers in a timely manner
- Answer the phone politely and courteously
- Assist all customers with questions and/or comments
- If unable to assist, refers customer to someone who can
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with all customers
- Inform supervisor of any customer issues
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Must be a returning student for at least one additional school year
- Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related major preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Must complete Computer Security Awareness training within 30 days of hire
- Must be punctual and regular in attendance: arrive on time and ready for the workday
- Complete tasks satisfactorily and meet commitments
- Stay focused under pressure
- Must work effectively with other employees/departments
- Help improve work process
- Help to accomplish specific tasks
- Must be accurate and pay attention to detail
- Must greet all customers in a timely manner
- Must be polite and courteous at all times
- Must inform supervisor of any customer issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage information flow (including internal, external and customer communication and filling/documentation)
- Ability to develop positive working relationships
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with all customers
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position (15-20 hours/week) position with typical hours to be worked during business hours of the Daily Aztec during the academic year. Available hours may possibly increase a maximum of 30 hours/week during class breaks and May/June.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
- Position is supervised by The Daily Aztec General Manager.
- Works closely with The Daily Aztec Editor in Chief, The Daily Aztec Advertising Director, The Daily Aztec Office Assistant, A.S. Accounts Receivable Supervisor and A.S. Finance Director.