Account Executive Job Description
Under the direction of the AS Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, and Advertising Director, the Account Executive is responsible for business development and management of client relationships that result in advertising for The Daily Aztec and thedailyaztec.com while meeting and exceeding weekly sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promoting The Daily Aztec and opportunities for industries to target their key demographic of college students
- Cultivate new business opportunities with businesses that students should know about
- Grow existing client relationships towards maximizing their Return on Investment
- Adhere to contract, art and payment deadlines
- Maintain organized and documented communication with clients
- Submit new leads from competitor publications daily
- Facilitate all record management requests for clients, in addition to aiding in any ad changing inquiries from the client
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude with clients and colleagues at all times
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Preferred candidate will be a returning student for at least one additional school year
- Follow A.S. and Daily Aztec policies and procedures
- Adhere to California and Federal Law with regards to ABC regulations
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), position with expected hours to be worked during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the AS Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, and Advertising Director
- Consults with the Financial Supervisor and fellow Account Executive colleagues