Under the direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Coordinator, the Accounts Payable Assistant will assist with the daily processing of invoices, check requests, purchase orders and filing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Invoice and Check Request Data Entry
- Generates Purchase Orders
- Answers vendor inquiries
- Daily Deposits
- Monthly audits & reconciliations
- Invoice & department paperwork filing
- Other duties as assigned
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Business majors preferred
- General clerical experience preferred
- Must complete Computer Security Awareness training within 30 days of hire
- Must be able to work under deadlines, both independently and in a group environment
- Must be able to prioritize job duties
- Must be capable of maintaining positive working relationships with both full-time & part-time staff and vendors
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions for daily tasks and projects
- Must be able to complete tasks/projects from start to finish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills required
- Ability to operate a computer: proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Google Docs/Gmail required
- Ability to learn and utilize new software programs
- Strong Data Entry skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills; ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), position with expected hours to be worked during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Interacts with Accounts Payable Supervisor, Accounting Manager, and Finance Director
Outside the Organization:
- Interacts with various vendors and University organizations
Range I, Step I – Starting Rate: $11.50 per hour
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.