Ticket Office Seller
Ticket Office Seller Job Description
Under the supervision of the Ticket Office Manager and Ticket Office Supervisor, this position will be responsible for selling various amusement park tickets, movie passes, and concert tickets using the Ticketmaster system. This position will work with large amounts of cash, requiring accuracy and attention to detail. This role will also distribute free tickets to student events: football games, basketball games, etc. Ticket Officer Seller will answer customer service questions both on the phone and in person at the ticket office windows. This position will accept and process payments for A.S. services (Child Care, Room Rental Deposits, etc). At the end of each shift worked, this position will consolidate and balance all tickets sold, concert, amusement and department payments, fill out paper work to balance out sales, and then deposit all cash/checks from the shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Ticket Office by offering superior, individualized guest service
- Accurately operate the Ticketmaster computer ticketing system to sell tickets for Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre events as well as various amusement parks, movies, etc.
- Provide information regarding Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre events and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets for Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre events
- Communicate effectively and courteously with customers, fellow staff members, and others who may utilize the ticket office
- Provide superior customer service to all internal clients
- Assist with miscellaneous Ticket Office projects as directed
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintain positive working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Priority consideration given to Work Study
- Customer service and cash handling experience preferred
License & Certification:
- Must be First Aid and CPR/AED certified prior to hiring
Trainings to be completed within 30 days of hire:
- Anti-Harassment for Non-Supervisors
- Gender Awareness Training
- Computer Security Awareness
- Must be able to work with confidential items and understand the importance of confidentiality in project work
- Must be capable of maintaining positive working relationships with staff and customers
- Must be able to exercise tact and exhibit sound professional judgment
- Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and follow projects through to completion
- Constant attention to high level of customer service, including all aspects of service delivery such as appropriate phone etiquette (greeting, transferring calls, voice tone, and grammar), is a necessity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to operate a computer, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize new software programs
- Well organized, ability to effectively multi-task, ability to prioritize work, problem solve, make decisions and meet scheduled deadlines under pressure.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Must be willing to work a maximum of 20 hours a week during academic year, be willing to work evenings and weekends, and in some instances be available to come in earlier than scheduled office hours. Must also be available to work Summer and Winter breaks. Hours scheduled will vary greatly due to events on schedule and ticket distribution or ticket sales for special events and performances.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files. May require standing for extended lengths of time. May require lifting or moving items up to 50 pounds; must acquire assistance for items 75 pounds or greater.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Ticket Office Manager and Ticket Office Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Range I, Step I – Starting Rate: $13.00 per hour
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.