Under the supervision of the Associated Students Ticket Office Manager and Ticket Office Supervisor, successful candidates will be responsible for selling various amusement park tickets, movie passes, MTS Transit passes and concert tickets using the Ticketmaster system. This position requires working with large amounts of cash, accuracy and attention to detail is expected. Individual will also distribute free tickets to student events: football games, basketball games, etc. Individual will answer customer service questions both on the phone and in person at the ticket office windows. They will also take in payments for A.S. services (Child Care, Room Rental Deposits, etc). At the end of each shift worked, the individual will report all tickets sold, how many they have left, fill out paper work to balance out sales, and then deposit all cash/ checks from their shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately operate the Ticketmaster computer ticketing system to sell tickets for Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre events as well as various amusement parks, movies, Transit Passes, etc.
- Record and process Children’s Center payments, Room Rental payments, and other various payments that are made through the Ticket Office
- Process cash and credit card payments accurately for all Ticket Office transactions.
- Distribute free student tickets to Aztecs Football and Basketball games.
- Distribute “will call” tickets during concerts taking place at the Viejas Arena and the Cal Coast Open Air Theatre
- Provide information regarding events at Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre via face-to-face communication as well as over the Ticket Office phone line
- Assist with miscellaneous Ticket Office projects as directed
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers who utilize the Ticket Office
- Balance out all sales at the completion of each shift
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Ticket Office either in person or on the phone by offering superior, individualized guest service
- Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts
- Communicate effectively and courteously with customers, fellow staff members, and others who may utilize the Ticket Office
- Complete every Ticket Office window transaction accurately and efficiently
- Process all cash, credit card, check transactions accurately
- Problem solve by effectively communicating with customers and/or Ticket Office staff
- Must be able to work efficiently under stressful situations while remaining courteous and professional
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write, and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the Ticket Office
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be self motivated
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with the diverse population of students, faculty, and staff as well as the general public
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a regularly enrolled SDSU student carrying at least six units per semester
- Must be willing to work a maximum of 20 hours a week during academic year
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Must be available to work Summer and Winter breaks
- Physical demands may require standing for extended lengths of time
- Physical demands may require lifting or moving items up to 50 pounds; must acquire assistance for items 75 pounds or greater
- Customer service and cash handling experience preferred
- Must be First Aid and CPR/AED certified prior to hiring
- Priority consideration given to Work Study
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing some parts of a scheduled shift. Both ticket offices at the Viejas Arena and the Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre can be busy during event nights with multiple distractions. But overall, the work environment on a daily basis is favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the individual to spend most of their scheduled work day sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Range I – Starting Rate: $11.50 per hour