Administrative Student Assistant
Administrative Student Assistant Job Description
Under the direction of the Office & Marketing Assistant, assists with the administrative tasks of Viejas Arena and the Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre. The assistant will be expected to help various staff members to accomplish their responsibilities, greet visitors, answer phones, routine typing, and process mail for the office. This assistant will help with employee relations and various other professional functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives, screens, and refers telephone calls and visitors; provides answers confidently to callers and transfers/refers calls to appropriate staff or other departments
- Uses knowledge of office operations and activities to respond to inquiries and to assist callers.
- Retrieve telephone messages and follows up with appropriate actions.
- Provides exceptional customer service to those contacted in the course of work; and resolves routine customer service issues.
- Sets -up and maintains files for the office’s projects, paperwork and reports.
- Heavy word processing load to include: memos, office forms, letters and reports.
- Assist with maintaining Kronos hours and report generation.
- Assistance with marketing efforts (direct mail, social media, newsletter, maintaining database, advertising, special events).
- Maintain office supplies and upkeep of office equipment.
- Assists with part-time paperwork, packets, scheduling interviews and phone calls.
- Updates Google calendars periodically as needed.
- Performs other administrative related duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Monitors area office supplies and sends orders as needed.
- Utilizes Google Email and Calendar.
- Creates reports/presentations utilizing Windows XP, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint as required/needed.
- Composes memorandums/letters as needed.
- Creates/updates Assistant policies and procedures binder as needed.
- Delivers documents to University departments as well as other A.S. departments.
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments.
- Receptionist for the Arena Office; answer telephones, greet visitors, answer general questions regarding events at Viejas Arena and CCCU Open Air Theatre.
- Comfortably interact with individuals of all professional levels.
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies.
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices.
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units.
- Preferred candidate will be a returning student for at least one additional school year.
- Two years of experience in general office/clerical work preferred.
- Speak clearly, distinctly and professionally on telephone and front desk encounters.
- Constant attention to high level of customer service, including all aspects of service delivery such as appropriate phone etiquette (greeting, transferring calls, voice tone, and grammar), is a necessity.
- Capable of maintaining positive working relationships with staff and customers.
- Must be able to exercise tact and exhibit sound professional judgment.
- Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and follow projects through to completion.
- Must be able to work with confidential items and understand the importance of confidentiality in project work.
- Must be able to work well with different work styles.
- Must be able to work efficiently with attention to detail, speed and accuracy and show initiative.
- Must be able to work independently and on multiple projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests.
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate a computer, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize new software programs.
- Well organized, ability to effectively multi-task, ability to prioritize work, problem solve, make decisions and meet scheduled deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
- This is a part-time position with expected hours to be worked Monday and Friday 11:30am – 1:30pm.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays (dictated by events).
- Ability to work flexible hours when required.
- Must be able to work during breaks (summer and winter).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Financial and Office Administrator & the Office and Marketing Assistant.
- Works closely and collaborates with HR, Payroll & Benefits Manager, Payroll Supervisor and Payroll Assistant(s).
- Works closely with Viejas Arena Team; Box Office Managers, Operations Manager, Arena Managers and Arena Supervisors.
- Works closely with the Events Manager and Event Supervisors.
- Interacts with Office Supervisors/Payroll Liaisons