Event Ticket Seller
Event Ticket Seller Job Description
Under the supervision of the Ticket Office Manager and Ticket Office Supervisor, this position will be responsible for various tasks related to the successful implementation and execution or various tasks associated with day of show operations. This position will work under changing environments as it relates to event traffic, people traffic and customer service matters that arise the night of the event. Candidates must be able to work with large amounts of cash, excel with customer service, field customer service questions both on the phone and in person at the ticket office windows and discharge and escalate issues related to Will Call, Artist Will Call, Ticketmaster Will Call, Production relocates and ticket issues related to secondary market sellers and other points outside of authorized ticket distributor. Event seller position is not restricted to ticket sales only and must be knowledgeable of policies, procedures and protocols related to Will Call, Artist Will Call, Production changes and secondary sales channels and how to resolve disputes related to fraudulent tickets. Event seller when selling tickets will be responsible for balancing out their window sales with cash and credit card transaction and deposit all cash from the shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Ticket Office by offering superior, individualized guest service
- Accurately operate the Ticketmaster computer ticketing system to sell tickets for Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre events.
- Provide information regarding Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre events and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets for Viejas Arena and Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre events
- Communicate effectively and courteously with customers, fellow staff members, event staff, production staff and others who may utilize the ticket office
- Provide superior customer service to all internal clients
- Assist with miscellaneous task prior to, during and at the conclusion of box office closure.
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintain positive working relationships with all entities that are present during event. This is includes box office, event staff, production and all other essential personnel that interact with box office during execution of event.
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Student event sellers must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Priority consideration given to Work Study
- Non-student staff must pass background check prior to onboarding
- Customer service and cash handling experience preferred
License & Certification:
- Must be First Aid and CPR/AED certified prior to hiring
Trainings to be completed within 30 days of hire:
- Anti-Harassment for Non-Supervisors
- Gender Awareness Training
- Computer Security Awareness
- Must be able to work with confidential items and understand the importance of confidentiality in project work
- Must be capable of maintaining positive working relationships with staff, production, event management and critically important, our paying patrons.
- Must be able to exercise tact and exhibit sound professional judgment
- Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and follow any set of instructions issued from box office management
- Constant attention to high level of customer service, including all aspects of service delivery such as appropriate phone etiquette (greeting, transferring calls, voice tone, and grammar), is a necessity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Well organized, ability to effectively multi-task, ability to prioritize work, problem solve, make decisions and escalate issues as necessary to TOS and TOM
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Scheduling of hours is based on event staffing needs. Events may take place on nights and weekends and availability during these periods is necessary to be scheduled for events. Some events may require later availability to meet the requests of the promoter. Some events may start earlier than normal and thus may require early morning reporting times. In addition, many events may take place during summer and winter break. Extended shifts may be available seasonally for fulfillment of university sponsored events that require extended hours to accommodate the distribution of large volume of tickets.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. During peak of event, workload is dynamic as the ingress of patrons into venue fluctuates with the event start closer to the start time. Must be able to adapt to this change in volume. Must be able to work with large crowds and work as efficiently and effectively as possible. Some patrons may be less than pleasant in tone and it is critically important to be able to be listen and demonstrate professionalism and empathy for them. Know when it is necessary to escalate issues to TOS and TOM. ETS must know all areas of work for events, which includes Will Call, Ticket Sales, Artist Will Call, Customer Service, Ticket Resolution and ADA window for sales and guest services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time. As needed, some ETS may be assigned runner duties and this requires the ability to assist remote gates and entry points by frequently walking from box office to entry points as necessary to escort patrons.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Ticket Office Manager and Ticket Office Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Range II, Step I – Starting Rate: $13.50 per hour
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.