Member Services Overnight Representative
Member Services Overnight Representative Job Description
Under the supervision of the Member Services Supervisor, the Member Services Representative is responsible for upholding the Aztec Recreation values of Wellness, Integrity, Safety, Service, Professionalism, Excellence, and Respect. Member Services Representative will be held accountable for the following (but not limited to) tasks listed below. Overall the Member Service Representative provides a high standard of the Aztec Recreation experience while working the front desk and on the floor at the Aztec Recreation Center during the overnight (graveyard) shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently and confidently enforce all Aztec Recreation policies to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all members, guests and affiliates
- Provide front line customer service to all members and guests; Answer member questions and provide accurate information, provide tours of the facility; Check valid member eligibility
- Explaining membership benefits and programs offered; Process membership sale/registration, check out equipment, and other administrative tasks such as filing and data entry
- Responsible for point of sale transactions, program fees, organizational projects as assigned
- Set-up and break-down of facility for daily operations, programs, and special events
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate risk management plan; including being confident as the first respondent to all injuries and accidents; preparing required injury/accident reports
- Conduct facility equipment inspections, complete evening reports and participation counts
- Position includes attending to laundry; Cleaning the facility and exercise equipment daily
- Main point of contact for daily operations
- Acting as frontline staff in the facilitation of resolving member/guest concerns, and facilitating conflict resolution with member/guest problems or complaints in a courteous and professional manner
- Responsible for Aztec Recreation facility supervision and security.
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Currently enrolled student at San Diego State University preferred, but not required
- Work study preferred
- Experience participating and/or knowledge of Aztec Recreation programs and facilities preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid before the first day of work
- Gender Awareness
- Must be a self-starter and be willing to initiate interactions with members and guests
- Must be comfortable greeting members and working in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to complete job responsibilities with minimal supervision and work well as a team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with member, guests, and staff
- Ability to work under pressure in stressful situations and make respectable decisions
- Excellent computer skills
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Must be available to work overnight shifts. Work schedule hours consists of shifts between the hours of 11pm - 7am, Sunday – Thursday. Must be available to work 8 - 16 hours of schedules shifts per week.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. repetitively and be able to stand for long periods.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Member Services Supervisor and Overnight Program Asst
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Range II, $15/hr