Sales Representative Job Description
Under the direction of the Marketing Lead and Marketing Coordinator, the Sales Representative is responsible for selling Aztec Recreation memberships, promotional table sales, telemarketing sales, guest tracking, touring guests, public relations, special event production, presentations and representing all Aztec Recreation products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Sell Automatic Monthly Debit memberships to SDSU students, Faculty/Staff, and the San Diego community. Work directly with current and potential customers, selling Aztec Recreation memberships and providing information to the SDSU community about all Aztec Recreation programs.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of all the benefits (economic, physical, and mental) of all products (programs and membership) and be able to communicate clearly and effectively with multiple target audiences.
- Must be familiar with membership contracts. The sales rep works with the membership database and must be consistent in adhering to policies and procedures ensuring all sales registration forms are processed by the end of each shift.
- Must meet monthly quotas achievable through fast and thorough, phone and email follow-up with one-week pass Leads.
- Ensure accurate daily statistics tracking including, but not limited to, passes issued, telephone calls made, appointments booked, tours delivered and memberships sold.
- Must be available to work all scheduled shifts.
- Sales representatives ensure that each customer encounter is courteous and efficient.
- Attend all staff meetings and sales training.
- Assist with staffing and promoting special events and new programs.
- Other duties as necessary.
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be a current SDSU student carrying at least six units.
- Those with less than one year remaining at SDSU need not apply.
- Work Study preferred
- Business student preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with diverse staff and customers required.
- Sales, customer service, telemarketing, and database experience are helpful.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for recreation programs is preferred.
- A proactive, positive, and conscientious demeanor is required.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
10 hours per week. Position has some school schedule flexibility. Availability 11am – 2pm two days per week is required during the academic year. This is an academic year only position. Sales reps drive an electric cart and must have a current Driver License and California drivers insurance. All Aztec Recreation employees must have or obtain CPR/AED and First Aid Certification. All Aztec Recreation student staff must complete new hire orientation within one month of hire and complete on-the-job Safety Training regularly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
- Receives direction and supervision from the Marketing Lead and the Marketing Coordinator.