Reports to the Editor in Chief and the Managing Editor
The Social Media Editor will work with the managing editor and editor in chief to post important news and updates on all DA social media sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates possible social media posts with section editors
- Monitors and manages all Daily Aztec social media accounts
- Makes daily social media posts
- Works with all section editors on ideas for social media posts
- Attends all editorial board meetings.
- Monitors Daily Aztec website and makes sure it is updated daily.
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Must have previously been a writer on The Daily Aztec or their community college newspaper for transfer students for at least one academic year.
- Must know AP Style
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Range I - $11.50 per hour