Daily Aztec Sales Manager
Daily Aztec Sales Manager Job Description
Under the direction of the Ad Director, the Sales Manager assists with all office tasks, sells and maintains accounts, supervises and assists Account Executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sells and Maintains Daily Aztec accounts during the summer
- Sells and maintains SDSU and campus Auxiliary Organization accounts
- Sells and Maintains national accounts - i.e. Refuel
- Attends and helps to lead all weekly advertising staff meetings
- Works with Accounts Receivables Clerk to service and maintain all delinquent accounts
- Serves and maintains large House Accounts as instructed by Ad Director
- Supervises and assists Account Executives in daily activities
- Assigns leads and answer any questions or concerns
- Makes sure all daily documents are signed off
- Holds AE’s accountable to sales goals
- Assists Ad Director in AE recruitment and employment interviews
- Ensures AEs keep updated organized reports of the following:
- Call/e-mail log documenting business related calls and e-mails throughout each week
- Current client binder (signed contract and proofs only)
- Time sheets and office hours
- Assists fellow members of Advertising Management team in creation and implementation of contests, team building exercises, business strategies and Sales Team training. Assists in tabling/marketing as needed
- Meets all assigned deadlines
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence
- Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units and be in good academic standing
- Must have DA/media sales experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation
- Must complete Computer Security Awareness training within 30 days of hire
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works 20 hours a week
- One hour before 11 AM, five days a week
- Maintains and posts daily office hours by cubicl
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing, walking, and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.