Photo Editor Job Description
The Photo Editor is responsible for selecting, editing, positioning, and publishing photos in The Daily Aztec print edition, website edition and on social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits photographers
- Assigns photographers as needed for section stories, etc.
- Edits and downloads photos in Photoshop.
- Trains Daily Aztec photographers in proper photojournalism.
- Conducts weekly meetings/training with photographers
- Attends all editorial board meetings.
- Keeps track of all Daily Aztec cameras and photo equipment.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Previous photo experience on the Daily Aztec
- Must complete Sexual Harassment Prevention training within 30 days of hire
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence
- Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately