The Mundo Azteca Editor works with the section’s staff writers in publishing content in Spanish with the attempt to represent the Latino community on campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edits writers’ content and publishes their work on The Daily Aztec’s website
- Lays out and edits Mundo Azteca’s pages in Adobe InDesign for the week’s print edition
- Shares content on Mundo Azteca’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Conducts weekly meetings with staff writers
- Comes up with pitch list every week for staff writers Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Range I – Starting Rate: $11.50 per hour