The Assistant News Editor works with the News Editor to make sure all news is covered daily.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Copy Edits all news stories
- Monitors and manages all Daily Aztec news stories
- Assists News Editor where needed
- Attends all editorial board meetings.
- Monitors Daily Aztec website and makes sure it is updated daily
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Must have previously been a writer on The Daily Aztec or their community college newspaper for transfer students for at least one academic year.
- Must know AP Style
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Range I - $11.50 per hour