ARC Graphic Artist/Web Designer
ARC Graphic Artist/Web Designer Job Description
Under the direction of the Aztec Recreation Marketing Coordinator the Graphic Artist is responsible for producing graphic design projects as they relate to promotions, sales, marketing, and customer service for Associated Students/Aztec Recreation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for completing Marketing Work Requests on a timely basis
- Complete typical projects such as posters, flyers, postcards, web banners, display cases, Daily Aztec advertisements, promotional TV slides, t-shirts, and photographs
- Ensure consistency with all Style Guides including, but not limited to, logos, symbols and acronym use
- Responsible for regular updates to the Aztec Recreation Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts as it relates to photography and program literature
- Works as a member of the marketing team in creating and executing marketing events to enhance membership sales, customer service and customer retention for Aztec Recreation including, but not limited to the ARC ‘til Dark, open houses, Live Well Aztecs and other special events as needed
- Work as a member of the marketing team in creating marketing programs and promotions to enhance membership sales, customer service and retention of Aztec Recreation members and program participants
- Other duties as necessary
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Graphic Design majors preferred
- Candidates with less than one year prior to graduation from SDSU need not apply
- Knowledge of graphic layout, digital imaging, graphic design software and procedures required
- Photography and photo editing skills
- File preparation for print production experience preferred
- Experience using Mac OS system, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required
License & Certification:
- Must possess current certifications in CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Must complete Aztec Recreation Orientation within 30 days of start
- Gender Awareness
- Must adhere to A.S. work standards
- Must be self-directed
- Must be able to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and work directly with program supervisors and coordinators
- Ensure details are accurate and consistent in all formats
- Learn style guides from Aztec Recreation, Associated Students, and San Diego State University
- Ensures that each customer encounter is courteous and efficient
- Must possess a proactive, positive, and conscientious demeanor at all times
- Must be able to complete all job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Must be enthusiastic for recreation programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficiency using Mac OS system, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the benefits (economic, physical, and mental) of Aztec Recreation membership
- Proficient knowledge of Aztec Recreation programs, facilities, and upcoming events
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public skills to interact with members, guests, and all Aztec Recreation staff
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and with multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work well with diverse staff and customers
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), position with expected hours to be worked during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some evenings and weekends; employee schedules vary according to business needs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Events and outreach work is both indoors and out and will involve exposure to heat, sun, cold, rain, weather and other outdoor elements. Work often involves standing for long periods of time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
- Receives direction and supervision from the Aztec Recreation Marketing Coordinator
- Works with professional program coordinators, student supervisors, and as well as other marketing department staff members