Aquaplex Member Services Representative
Aquaplex Member Services Representative Job Description
Under the supervision of the Aztec Aquaplex Manager, the Aquaplex Member Services Representative is responsible for upholding Aztec Recreation Department values of Wellness, Integrity, Safety, Service, Professionalism, Excellence, and Respect at the Aztec Aquaplex and Aztec Tennis Center. Aquaplex Member Services Representatives work to ensure a positive and safe recreation environment for all patrons and users with typical duties including (but are not limited to) ensuring patron safety, supervising activities, and customer service related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explain membership benefits and programs offered
- Process membership sale/registration, check out equipment, and other administrative tasks such as filing and data entry
- Responsible for point of sale transactions, proper cash handling, program fees, and organizational projects as assigned
- Attend and participate in Aztec Recreation staff trainings monthly meetings
- Set-up/break-down of facility for daily operations, programs, group rentals and special events
- Conduct facility equipment inspections and complete daily reports
- Position includes attending to facility equipment and cleaning of the facility
- Main point of contact for day of facility reservations and daily operations
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Act as frontline staff in the facilitation of resolving customer concerns, facilitate participant problems and complaints in a courteous and professional manner
- Provide front line customer service to all members and guests
- Answer member questions, provide accurate information, and provide tours of the facility
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate risk management plan, including being confident as the first respondent to all injuries and accidents; prepare required injury/accident reports
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence; Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units • Work study preferred
- Previous front line customer service and cash handling experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be certified in American Red Cross CPR, AED, and First Aid prior to the first day of work
- Must complete Gender Awareness training within 30 days of hire
- Must be a self-starter and be willing to initiate interactions with members and guests
- Must communicate effectively and courteously with members, guests, and staff
- Must be able to work under pressure in stressful situations and make respectable decisions
- Must be comfortable with computers, greeting members, and working in a fast paced environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and/or participation of Aztec Recreation programs and facilities preferred
- Ability and interest working in a team work environment
- Ability to take initiative and complete additional projects in the absence of the supervisor
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part time position with a work schedule that consists of 10- 20 hours per week during the academic school year, 25-37 hours/week during summer, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays with full consideration of the employee’s academic schedule.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While working indoors, the lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Possible exposure to distracting/uncomfortable noise levels may require hearing protection to be worn when performing duties
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to: walking, walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, climbing, and working in confined space, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying loads.
Depending on job tasks, physical demands may require standing and walking for extended lengths of time and may require lifting, pushing, pulling, moving and carrying items up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and 75 pounds (with assistance), and using ladders.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Aztec Aquaplex Manager
- Interacts with other full-time staff within Aztec Recreation, including, but not limited to the Recreation Director, Associate Director of Member Services & Facilities, and Aquaplex part-time staff
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position. Fingerprinting is required for all employee and volunteer positions that have direct contact with minor children.