Videographer Job Description
Under the direction of the Aztec Recreation Marketing Coordinator, the Videographer is responsible for developing, scheduling, filming, directing, and producing videos and photos as they relate to promotions, sales, marketing, programs, and customer service for Associated Students/Aztec Recreation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for completing Marketing Work Requests on a timely basis
- Responsible for regular updates to the Aztec Recreation YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts as it relates to videos and photography
- Complete projects that include, but are not limited to: monthly educational and promotional videos in multiple formats (often including subtitles), video projects that best represent specific programs, and special event videos
- May be called upon to assist with, flyers, web banners, promotional TV slides, photos and other graphic design projects as a member of a marketing team
- Responsible for including relevant logos, disclaimers, credits and other content in each video; ensuring all work completed is in keeping with Aztec Recreation, Associated Students and San Diego State University guidelines
- Works as a member of the marketing team in creating and executing marketing events to enhance membership sales, customer service and customer retention for Aztec Recreation including, but not limited to the ARC ‘til Dark, open houses, Live Well Aztecs and other special events as needed
- Work as a member of the marketing team in creating marketing programs and promotions to enhance membership sales, customer service and retention of Aztec Recreation members and program participants
- Other duties as necessary
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Television, Film, and Media majors preferred
- Candidates with less than one year prior to graduation need not apply
- Knowledge of film-making, sound management, YouTube specifications, videography, and video editing software required
License & Certification:
- Must possess current certifications in CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Must complete Aztec Recreation Orientation within 30 days of hire
- Must complete Gender Awareness and Computer Security Awareness within 30 days of hire
- Must adhere to A.S. work standards
- Must be self-directed
- Must be able to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and work directly with program supervisors and coordinators
- Ensure details are accurate and consistent in all formats
- Learn style guides from Aztec Recreation, Associated Students, and San Diego State University
- Ensures that each customer encounter is courteous and efficient
- Must possess a proactive, positive, and conscientious demeanor at all times
- Must be able to complete all job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Must be enthusiastic for recreation programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Premier Pro, Social Media, and Final Cut Pro studio
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the benefits (economic, physical, and mental) of Aztec Recreation membership
- Proficient knowledge of Aztec Recreation programs, facilities, and upcoming events
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public skills to interact with members, guests, and all Aztec Recreation staff
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and with multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work well with diverse staff and customers
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), position with expected hours to be worked during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some evenings and weekends; employee schedules vary according to business needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Events and outreach work is both indoors and out and will involve exposure to heat, sun, cold, rain, weather and other outdoor elements. Work often involves standing for long periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
- Receives direction and supervision from the Aztec Recreation Marketing Coordinator
- Works with a wide range of SDSU staff including Aztec Recreation professional program coordinators, Associated Students professional and students leaders, SDSU staff, Aztec Recreation student leads, Aztec Recreation non-supervisor staff, as well as working closely with other Aztec Recreation marketing staff members