Under the direction of the AS/SDSU Aztec Lanes Coordinator, the Aztec Lanes Lead will follow through on the below mentioned responsibilities. Becoming an integral member of a hard working team of full-time and part-time staff within Aztec Recreation, he/she should possess the ability to work independently and as a team member. The primary responsibility of the Aztec Lanes Lead will be to ensure that the control desk is covered at all times during normal operating hours and provide excellent customer service. Leads should also have the ability to take strong initiative and responsibility for long term and short-term projects and possess the willingness and flexibility to work with a diverse population of participant, members and Aztec Lanes staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and training, as well as motivating, evaluating, and disciplining part-time student employees.
- Assist in processing payroll and back up the Aztec Lanes Coordinator in case of absence.
- Cover the front desk when other staff members are unavailable.
- Schedule and facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure quality control and outstanding customer service training.
- Handle all staff complaints, feedback, and criticism in a professional manner.
- Take responsibility for staff acknowledgement and recognition.
- Maintain knowledge of current events and general information regarding Aztec Recreation.
- Assist with managing event reservations.
- Supervise and facilitate special events and private parties.
- Clean and maintain lane conditions daily.
- Work closely with Aztec Lanes assistants to order and maintain office and lanes supplies.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Punctual and regular in attendance: arrive on time and ready for the workday
- Complete tasks satisfactorily
- Meet commitments
- Work independently
- Stays focused under pressure
- Ability to prioritize workload
Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork
- Work effectively with other employees/departments
- Develop positive working relationships
- Help improve work process
- Help to accomplish specific tasks
Quality and Accuracy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate thoroughness, completeness, follow through on presentation and appearance of work
- Assist all customers with questions and/or comments
- If unable to assist, refers customer to someone who can
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with all customers
- Inform supervisor of any customer issues
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a regularly enrolled SDSU student carrying at least six units per semester.
- Must be willing to work a maximum of 20 hours a week during academic year.
- Must be available to work Summer and Winter breaks.
- Customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices for the effective training and supervision of college student personnel.
- Must be First Aid and CPR/AED certified upon hiring.
- Experience with point of sale transactions preferred.
- Priority consideration given to Work Study.
- Must be able to work with confidential items and understand the importance of confidentiality in project work.
- Must be professional and courteous at all times.
- Must be able to work well with different work styles.
- Must be able to work efficiently and show initiative.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work well with all part-time and full-time staff.
- Ability to take the initiative for additional projects and be self-motivated in the absence of the Coordinator.
- Prior knowledge about Aztec Recreation is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions.
Range II, Starting rate: $9.57 per hour