Under the direction of the Office Supervisor, the Lead Office Assistant is responsible for assisting in the supervision, hiring, and training of Office Assistants. The Lead Office Assistant is also responsible for various day to day tasks including assisting with invoice processing, payroll corrections, revenue distribution, processing of donation requests, and other projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a point of contact for new and returning customers
- Supervises MBAC customer service including class check-in, rentals, completion of appropriate paperwork, and collection of payments
- Serves as a resource for escalating customer questions or requests
- Processes invoices for payment and submission to A.S. Accounts Payable weekly
- Compiles daily revenue reconciliation reports for submission to A.S. Accounts Receivable
- Manages community donation requests
- Assists in interviewing, training, and supervising Office Assistant team
- Serves as a resource for Activenet questions and issues
- Assists with Activenet data entry Assists with Kronos payroll corrections and missed punch entries
- Schedules Office Assistants with the assistance of the Office Supervisor
- Ensures Office Assistants meet MBAC Experience customer service standards and expectations
- Enthusiastically greet customers in person and over the phone
- Ensures front desk area is clean and organized
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to the Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Adheres to the MBAC Code of Safe Practices
- Assists with ensuring office area operations are conducted in accordance with MBAC code of safe practices
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be a currently enrolled student at SDSU, UCSD or USD
- One year of experience with administration in a marine aquatic educational setting
- Proficiency with ActiveNet, Thriva, or similar data management systems
- Previous experience training part-time student employees (preferred)
License & Certification Requirements
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid, AED certification (must be obtained within the first month of employment)
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must arrive on time and ready for the workday
- Must be professional and courteous at all times
- Must be able to effectively manage a diverse range of work styles
- Must be able to work efficiently and show initiative
- Must provide excellent customer service
- Must perform as an effective member of the team and collaborate with part-time and full-time staff to achieve desired results
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative for additional projects
- Must be self-motivated to initiate interactions with guests
- Able to work under stressful situations and with constant interruptions
- Strong customer service and organizational skills required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable about MBAC programs and offerings.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Activenet and Thriva data management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues, and guests
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write, and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Able to operate a computer, proficient with Microsoft Office, and able to learn and utilize new software programs
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot office hardware including printers, credit card machines, fax machines, phones, etc.
- Well organized and able to effectively multi-task, prioritize work under pressure, problem solve, and maintain composure under stressful situations
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with constant interruptions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual Spanish skills are highly desirable
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Flexibility and willingness variable work schedules including weekends with expected hours to be worked during business hours of 7:30am-7:30pm, 7 days a week. Must be available to work long and variable hours during the busy summer season, June through August.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available. MBAC can be a busy facility with numerous distractions. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials.
Part-Time, Range 2, Step 1 - Starting Rate: $11.20/hour