Member Services Overnight Program Assistant
Member Services Overnight Program Assistant Job Description
Under the supervision of the Member Services Supervisor, the Overnight Program Assistant is responsible for supervising the Aztec Recreation Center facility operations and Members Services staff during the overnight hours of 11pm-7am. This position will focus on the safety and operations of the Aztec Recreation Center through resolving any issues that arise, and maintaining set facility and customer standards. The Overnight Program Assistant is responsible for upholding the Aztec Recreation mission and values of Wellness, Integrity, Safety, Service, Professionalism, Excellence, and Respect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage overnight operations of the Aztec Recreation Center to ensure compliance with all Aztec Recreation, facility, and university policies to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all members, affiliates and guests
- Responsible for the supervision and security of the 80,000 sq. ft. Aztec Recreation Center. Consistently and confidently enforce all polices established to ensure participant safety and facility integrity
- Appropriately and confidently act as the first responder to all injuries and incidents occurring during overnight hours of operation
- Responsible for assisting with hiring, training, scheduling, coaching and evaluating Member Services Overnight staff; Plan and implement department trainings and in-service trainings for the Member Services Overnight staff
- Hold bi-weekly meetings with overnight lead staff and weekly meetings with direct supervisor
- Act as overnight liaison for the Operations Supervisor with Aztec Recreation contracted custodial services
- Assist with administrative tasks, data entry, reports, program statistics, filing, and reporting
- Assist Aztec Recreation program staff with late night programming (intramurals, events, etc.), early morning group exercise classes, and other Aztec Recreation programs
- Responsible for completing and reporting regular facility audits and equipment inspections
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate risk management plan; prepare required injury/incident reports; report any facility hazards; proactively take steps to eliminate future risk
- Position includes attending to laundry services, clean exercise equipment, process membership and program registration and point of sale transactions, run equipment checkout station, provide facility tours, verify member eligibility
- Knowledgeable of departmental and facility procedures and emergency policies; stay current on issues/changes in operations
- Propose future efficiencies and establish protocols and procedures for overnight operations; Ongoing assessment of Member Services and facility operations
- Maintain strong communication with Aztec Recreation Career staff
- Position inclusive of Member Services Representative Overnight (MSRI) position responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Recreation, Recreational Administration, Physical Education, Sports Administration, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Two years of supervisory experience in a recreation or related field preferred
- Experience with CSI Spectrum software and When to Work scheduling program preferred
License & Certification:
- Possess current certifications in CPR, AED, and First Aid (or ability to obtain prior to position start date)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Gender Awareness
- Must be able to interact effectively with a wide diversity of people and support San Diego State University Associated Students’ values and mission
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other program areas, and supervisors
- Must be able to work in stressful situations and make respectable decisions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal, and public relation skills to interact with members, guests, and all Aztec Recreation staff
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate well in verbal and written form
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment, and focus on attention to detail
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Work schedule consists of overnight shifts, including Sundays and Holidays. Work schedule hours consists of shifts between the hours of 11pm-7am, Sunday-Thursday. Must be available and willing to work overnight shifts during the hours of 11pm-7am Sunday through Thursday. Open schedule availability and willingness to pick up additional shifts on short notice.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files. This position may also require being able to lift up to 45 lbs repetitively and be able to stand for long periods.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to Member Services Supervisor
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.