Member Services Overnight Lead
Member Services Overnight Lead Job Description
Under the direction of the Member Services Supervisor, the Member Services Overnight Lead is responsible for supervising Aztec Recreation Center facility operations and Members Services staff during the overnight hours of 11pm-7am. The Member Services Overnight Lead is responsible for upholding the Aztec Recreation values of Wellness, Integrity, Safety, Service, Professionalism, Excellence, and Respect. The Member Service Overnight Lead provides a high standard of the Aztec Recreation experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently and confidently enforce all Aztec Recreation policies to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all members, affiliates and guests
- Responsible for the supervision and security of the 85, 000 sq. ft. Aztec Recreation Center
- Maintain the safety and operations of the Aztec Recreation Center on evenings, weekends and some weekdays during the absence of the Aztec Recreation Career staff
- Responsible for assisting with hiring, training, coaching and evaluating the Member Services Overnight staff; Assist with ongoing training and monthly staff meetings
- Assist with administrative tasks, data entry, reports, program statistics, filing, and reporting
- Process membership transactions including program registration, new member registration, account adjustments and all associated forms
- Supervise Member Services Overnight part time staff and building operations; Ongoing assessment of Member Services and facility operations and provide suggestions for improvement
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate risk management plan; prepare required injury/incident reports; Proactively take steps to eliminate future risk; Report any facility hazards
- Position includes attending to laundry; Cleaning the facility and exercise equipment daily
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Member Services Supervisors, monthly lead meetings, and contribute to program area monthly all staff meetings
- Position inclusive of Member Services Representative Overnight (MSRI) position responsibilities
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Currently enrolled student at San Diego State University preferred, but not required.
- Proficient knowledge of Member Services operations and Aztec Recreation programs, facilities, and policies preferred
- Knowledge and/or participation of Aztec Recreation programs and facilities preferred
- Knowledge of CSI Spectrum Software, Microsoft applications, website, and internet navigation preferred
License & Certification:
- Possess current certifications in CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Must complete Gender Awareness Training and Sexual Harassment Prevention training within 30 days of hire.
- Must be able to take initiative to find and complete additional tasks not directly assigned by the Member Services supervisors
- Must be able to work independently and complete all job responsibilities without supervision
- Must be comfortable working in stressful situations and making respectable decisions
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other program areas, and supervisors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public relation skills to interact with members, guests, and all Aztec Recreation staff
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while paying strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Must be available and willing to work night overnight shifts during the hours of 11pm-7am Sunday through Thursday; open schedule availability and willingness to pick up additional shifts on short notice.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files. Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs repetitively and be able to stand for long periods.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Membership Services Supervisor
- Interacts with Member Services Overnight Program Assistant and Member Services Overnight Representatives