Under the direction of the Instructional Supervisor, the Dockmaster is responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable rental experience for MBAC customers. The Dockmaster will assist with the rental of sailboats, kayaks, stand up paddleboards, and rowing equipment. When not assisting customers, Dockmasters will complete safety inspections and preventative maintenance projects and ensure that MBAC yard/storage areas are presentable and obstruction free.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provide support and outstanding experience to MBAC rental customers.
- Prepare customers for a safe experience by providing thorough introductions to equipment and safety requirements.
- Maintain safety of the MBAC rental program by performing equipment inspections and completing preventative maintenance projects.
- Monitor changing weather and water traffic conditions and advise renters of situations that can affect their experience.
- Accurately document and organize rental related paperwork.
- Responsible for opening and closing the MBAC boat yard and equipment storage areas.
- Maintain strong communication with MBAC Office Assistants and Instructional Staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Provides outstanding customer service to all MBAC customers and guests
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Working knowledge of watersports equipment care and rigging
- One year of customer service experience
License & Certification Requirements
- Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding (must be obtained within the first month of employment)
- NASBLA approved powerboat certification (must be obtained within the first month of employment)
- FBI, DOJ, and LiveScan fingerprint clearance
- Current valid CA Driver’s License
- Able to interact effectively with a wide diversity of people and support San Diego State University Associated Students’ values and mission.
- Prioritize safety when assisting customers and coworkers.
- Continually monitor weather, water traffic, and MBAC activity.
- Be proactive about maintaining functioning equipment and clean areas.
- Capable of maintaining positive working relationships with staff, customers, supervisors, and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Technical knowledge of and/or experience sailing, kayaking, and stand up paddling
- Powerboat driving experience preferred
- Trailering experience preferred
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Flexibility and willingness to work long hours including weekends with high demand during summer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will involve exposure to salt water, cold water, sun, wind, rain, weather, sand, seaweed, sea grass, ocean currents, sea creatures, breaking waves, and other outdoor elements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to: swimming, swimming in rough and deep water, walking, running, walking or running over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying loads. Must be able to swim at least 550 yards, dive at least 10 feet deep, swim with a 10 pound object for at least 20 yards, and tread water for at least 2 minutes. Must be able to watch and supervise groups of students in the ocean and/or bay while coaching technique and supervising safety. Must be able to recognize and respond to emergencies and prevent injuries or drowning.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Instructional Supervisor
- Works closely with Office Assistants
Part-Time, Range II, Step I - Starting Rate: $12.20 per hour
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position. Fingerprinting is required for all employee and volunteer positions that have direct contact with minor children.