Under the supervision of the Member Services Supervisors, the Member Services Representative is responsible for upholding the Aztec Recreation values of Wellness, Integrity, Safety, Service, Professionalism, Excellence, and Respect. Member Services Representative will be held accountable for the following (but not limited to) tasks listed below. Overall the Member Service Representative provides a high standard of the Aztec Recreation experience while working the front desk and on the floor at the following facilities: Aztec Recreation Center, ARC Express, Sports Deck, and Racquetball.
- Consistently and confidently enforce all Aztec Recreation policies to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all members, guests and affiliates
- Provide front line customer service to all members and guests; Answer member questions and provide accurate information, provide tours of the facility; Check valid member eligibility
- Explaining membership benefits and programs offered; Process membership sale/registration, check out equipment, and other administrative tasks such as filing and data entry
- Responsible for point of sale transactions, program fees, organizational projects as assigned
- Set-up and break-down of facility for daily operations, programs, and special events
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate risk management plan; including being confident as the first respondent to all injuries and accidents; preparing required injury/accident reports
- Conduct facility equipment inspections, complete daily reports and participation counts
- Position includes attending to laundry; Cleaning the facility and exercise equipment daily
- Main point of contact for all facility reservations, key check out, and daily operations
- Acting as frontline staff in the facilitation of resolving customer concerns, and facilitating conflict resolution with participant problems or complaints in a courteous and professional manner
- Must be a regularly enrolled SDSU student carrying at least six units per semester
- Must be a self-starter and be willing to initiate interactions with members and guests
- Must be certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid before the first day of work
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs repetitively and be able to stand for long periods
- Previous front line customer service and cash handling experience
- Communicate effectively with members, guests, and staff
- Work under pressure in stressful situations and make respectable decisions
- Comfortable with computers, greeting members, and working in a fast paced environment
Schedule & Working Conditions:
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), position with expected hours to be worked during operating hours of Aztec Recreation facilities.
A general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compensation – Range I, $11.50 per hour
- Up to 20 hours per week including evenings and weekends; employee schedules vary according to business needs
- Work study preferred
- Participate and/or be knowledgeable of Aztec Recreation programs and facilities preferred