Member Services Representative
Member Services Representative Job Description
Under the supervision of the Member Services Supervisors, the Member Services Representative is responsible for upholding the Aztec Recreation values of Wellness, Integrity, Safety, Service, Professionalism, Excellence, and Respect. Member Services Representative will be held accountable for the following (but not limited to) tasks listed below. Overall the Member Service Representative provides a high standard of the Aztec Recreation experience while working the front desk and on the floor at the following facilities: Aztec Recreation Center, ARC Express, Track and field, Racquetball.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently and confidently enforce all Aztec Recreation policies to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all members, guests and affiliates
- Provide front line customer service to all members and guests; Answer member questions and provide accurate information, provide tours of the facility; Check valid member eligibility
- Explaining membership benefits and programs offered; Process membership sale/registration, check out equipment, and other administrative tasks such as filing and data entry
- Responsible for point of sale transactions, program fees, organizational projects as assigned
- Set-up and break-down of facility for daily operations, programs, and special events
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate risk management plan; including being confident as the first respondent to all injuries and accidents; preparing required injury/accident reports
- Conduct facility equipment inspections, complete daily reports and participation counts
- Position includes attending to laundry; Cleaning the facility and exercise equipment daily
- Main point of contact for all facility reservations, key check out, and daily operations
- Acting as frontline staff in the facilitation of resolving customer concerns, and facilitating conflict resolution with participant problems or complaints in a courteous and professional manner
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Work Study preferred
- Previous front line customer service and cash handling experience required
- Knowledge of Aztec Recreation programs and facilities preferred
License & Certification:
- Must be certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid before the first day of work
- Must complete Gender Awareness training within 30 days of hire
- Must be available to work through summer.
- Must be a self-starter and be willing to initiate interactions with members and guests
- Must be able to work under pressure in stressful situations and make respectable decisions
- Must be comfortable with computers, greeting members, and working in a fast paced environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with members, guests, and staff
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Must be able to work up to 20 hours per week including holidays, evenings and weekends; employee schedules vary according to business needs.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. repetitively and be able to stand for long periods.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Member Services Supervisor