Under the direction of the Competitive Sports Supervisor, the Competitive Sports Office Assistant will focus on the daily operation of the Intramural Sports and Sports Club Program, and requires availability for morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours. This position will assist with the daily functions and administrative tasks to include the following duties: customer service, record keeping, promotional assistance and facility and event supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with managing participant database and forms through IMLeagues and DSEREC; maintains privacy of members and guests personal information; completes filing as necessary to maintain an organized database system consistent with all additional Aztec Recreation facilities
- Assist with the collection, dissemination, and organization of intramural and sport club participation including: collection and maintenance of intramural and sport club rosters; sport club information forms; student driver forms; accident report forms; ejection report forms; incident reports; insurance claim forms; and any other required record keeping necessary
- Assists with administrative tasks, data entry, reports, program statistics, filing and program assessment
- Assists with the hiring and training of competitive sports officials and intramural supervisors
- Assists with inventory tracking and facility equipment replacement
- Contributes to and attends regular staff meetings
- Consistently and confidently enforces all Aztec Recreation and Competitive Sport policies to ensure a safe, professional, and enjoyable environment for all participants and guests
- Assists in planning the end of the year Awards Banquets
- Maintains excellent customer service and communicate customer comments, participant issues, or other important information as appropriate to the competitive sport frontline staff and/or professional staff
- Position inclusive of Aztec Recreation Competitive Sports, including but not limited to, working designated facilities and sport supervisor shifts
- Performs other duties as assigned
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Greets all customers in a timely manner
- Assists all customers with questions and/or comments
- If unable to assist, refers customer to someone who can
- Maintains positive and effective working relationships with all customers
- Informs supervisor of any customer issues
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Priority consideration given to Work Study
- Experience with event management and customer service preferred
- Proficient knowledge of intramural sport or sport club operations and Aztec Recreation programs, facilities, and policies required
- Knowledge and/or participation of Aztec Recreation programs and facilities preferred
License & Certification:
- CPR, AED, and First-Aid certifications required
- Must complete Gender Awareness and Computer Security training within 30 days of hire
- Must be comfortable with computers, greeting members, and working in a fast paced environment
- Must be capable of maintaining positive working relationships with staff and customers
- Must be able to exercise tact and exhibit sound professional judgment
- Must be able to work with confidential items and understand the importance of confidentiality in project work
- Strong organizational skills required
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and follow projects through to completion
- Must be professional and courteous at all times
- Must be able to work well with different work styles
- Must be punctual and regular in attendance: arrive on time and ready for the workday
- Must possess a friendly attitude and demeanor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to operate a computer, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize new software programs
- Ability to manage information flow (including internal, external and customer communication)
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours and days, including mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed by program schedule. Up to 20 hours per week including evenings and weekends; employee schedules vary according to business needs. Open schedule availability and willingness to pick up additional shifts on short notice preferred. Work shifts will be scheduled with full consideration of employee’s academic schedule.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While working indoors, the lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available and in recreation environment with standard gym and sports equipment. Possible exposure to distracting/uncomfortable noise levels may require hearing protection to be worn when performing duties.
When working outdoors for program activities, exposure to sun, heat, wind, rain, weather and other outdoor elements expected. Outdoor areas will include field areas, pools, and courts. Work may involve exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files. Physical requirements include but are not limited to: walking, walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, climbing, and working in confined space, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying loads up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and 75 pounds (with assistance). Work may require standing and moving for extended periods. This position may also call for occasional business-related driving.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Competitive Sports Manager and Supervisor
- Works closely with the Competitive Sports Program Assistant and Assistant Athletic Trainers
- Interacts with Intramural Supervisors and Competitive Sports Officials
- Interfaces with other Aztec Recreation Staff
Outside the Organization:
- Athletic Department coaches and staff
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Range I – Starting Rate: $11.50 per hour
MVR and DMV record review is required for positions that drive university vehicles and/or passengers for program related trips.