Associated Students | San Diego State University
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 - 3:30pm
Templo Mayor, Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. Vice President of University Affairs, Jennifer Schenkenfelder, called the meeting to order at 3:44 p.m.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jennifer Schenkenfelder, Ashley Tejada, Shawki Moore, Beth Bridges, Margot Ermer, Alexia Oduro, Tara Collins, Noemi Portillo, Sean Stouffer, Justin Strauss, Kendall Berger, Michelle Castelan, Ian Jackson-Little, Brendan La Veille, Kaelan Ganzon, Leanne Locano, Cassie Ira (late), Alondra Hernandez, Kayla Vale Cruz (late), Alexander Inglis (late), Kate Vinegas, Meena Alexander, Angelo Gozon.
- Voting Members Absent: Karina Esteban, Austin Barber, Marissa Hague, Kailey Quezada.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Janice Dils, Christine Molina
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Christina Brown, Nola Butler-Byrd, Randy Timm.
- Guests: Tito Hernandez
III. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for the December 1 meeting.
JACKSON-LITTLE/HERNANDEZ CARRIED (19-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of November 17, 2021.
ODURO/COLLINS CARRIED (19-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT - None.
VI. PRESENTATIONS AND UNIVERSITY REPORTS
- University Senate Designee: No report.
- University Vice President for Student Affairs and Campus Diversity Designee: Christine Molina reported on the following:
- Provided a registration update regarding those students who are not yet currently registered for classes.
- Currently developing a plan for students who are on academic probation after fall semester grades are reported that will include mentoring and ‘bounceback’ classes.
- Checking on their well-being as finals approach and the semester comes to a close.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action):
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda.
PORTILLO/HERNANDEZ CARRIED (19-0-0)
- General Consent Report (Information):
The General Consent Report was reviewed.
- Your Voice Matters - Spring 2022 (Information):
Jennifer provided a semesterly end update on the Your Voice Matters submissions and is currently planning for YVM for spring 2022. More updates will follow.
- Course Offering Discussion (Information):
Jennifer provided an update on course offerings for spring 2022 semester.
- University Council Member Awards (Information):
Jennifer announced the UC member awardees.
VIII. INTRODUCTION OF NEW LEGISLATIVE MATTERS – None.
IX. REPORTS OF UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Jennifer Schenkenfelder, Vice President of University Affairs: Your Voice Matters (YVM) is a year-long initiative. Planning a spring YVM push week. YVM will still be active during the winter break. I am always here if you need anything.
- Ashley Tejada, President: 1-1 hangout. Aztec shops. The CSU Chancellor Castro will be on campus this Friday, Dec. 3. Please sign up for the Open Forum.
- Karina Esteban, Executive Vice President: Ashley reported on behalf of Karina: MWC Championship Football game will be held on Saturday, Dec. 4.
- Shawki Moore, Vice President of External Relations: ‘Cocoa and Conversation’ will be held tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. in the Union Courtyard. YVM notebooks will be handed out in the student union.
- Austin Barber, Vice President of Financial Affairs: The big ARH announcement will be on Monday!
- Christina Brown, Executive Director: Checking in on the well-being of students during finals week, I am always here for you. Registration update, 241 freshman and 1,100 sophomores are not currently registered. Doing outreach for this matter.
- Beth Bridges, ASBOD Student-At-Large: ’Your Mental Health Matters’ will be tabling all week. Volunteer(s) needed for a 11-12 p.m. time slot at the table.
- Alexia Oduro, ASBOD Student-At-Large: No report.
- Margot Ermer, ASBOD Student-At-Large: No report.
- College of Arts and Letters (CAL) Council: Having a CAL End of Semester Celebration at Aztec Lanes from 7-9 p.m. There will be pizza and you are all welcome to attend!
- Fowler College of Business Council: Had a guest speak from Amazon at the last meeting. We will have coffee and treats from 1-3 p.m., in the pavilion.
- College of Education Student Council: Has not met for a month but we have our next and last meeting on Monday.
- College of Engineering Student Council: Collaborating with Green Love for collecting e-waste. The drive ends this Friday.
- College of Health and Human Services Student Council (CHHSCC): We had a presenter from Career Services. We are collaborating with the College of Sciences on Feb. 15, from 11-2pm.
- College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts (PSFA) Student Council: Contacting alumni for an upcoming SSF approved event.
- College of Sciences Student Council (CSSC): Tonight, there is a Dean’s meeting. The Sciences students are addressing concerns about students graduating in time, courses available for students, advising and Saturday exams.
- Graduate Student Association (GSA): No report.
- Undeclared College Council (UCC): The last meeting for the semester will be next week.
- The Office of Educational Opportunity Programs (EOP) and Latinx Student Union toy drive will begin soon. The collected toys will be going to the Student/Parent Alliance Association. The EOP office will be open until 7 p.m.
- The Dance Marathon is on 2/25 in Montezuma Hall. Please register! It is for the kids and only $20 to register. There will be food and snacks.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 5:09 p.m. PT.
HERNANDEZ/PORTILLO CARRI (22-0-0)