DECEMBER 6, 2017 – COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
I. CALL TO ORDER
Vice President of Financial Affairs Hayden Willis called the meeting to order at 3:38 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Vanessa Girard, Hayden Willis, Chris Thomas (late), Carmel Alon (late), Victor Uwakwe (left early), Michelle Sabin, Farris Nabulsi, Lauren Louie, Matthew Richman (late), Justin Venckus, Karthik Gangadharan, Ronnie Cravens, Natalie Martinez, Haley Bauer, Christian Onwuka, Matthew Blutinger, Nikolas Marquez, Will Wiseman, Michael Glassman, Kurt Hoffmann, Tomi Osinfolarin, Alice Orozco, Harsh Varshney, Warsan Artan, Daia Brewer, Emily Jachec, Mia Panlilio, Quinn Toohey, Alanna Sparks.
- Voting Members Absent: Zakkiya West.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Christina Brown, Aileen Wei.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Dr. Cezar Ornatowski, Vitaliano Figueroa.
- Visitors Present: Diana Guevarra, Nickolas Wohlman, Anya Shutovska, George Scott, Ashley Tejada, Joshua Miller, Noah Winne.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve today’s agenda.
There was friendly amendment to add a Time Certain to Item C at 4 pm. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- University Senate Designee, Dr. Cezar Ornatowski: None.
- University Vice President for Student Affairs Designee, Vitaliano Figueroa: None.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action):
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda.
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a printed copy of the General Consent Report copy from the Government Secretary.
- Proposed ARC Expansion/Renovation, Feasibility Study and Referendum Timeline (Information) (Time Certain at 4 pm):
- Chris Thomas and Mark Zakrzewski, Director of Recreation, discussed the proposed student fee referendum on the expansion of the Aztec Recreation Center and field space and the possible fee. Details on what the expansion includes were reviewed. They informed members on the process and the timeline of the renovation and referendum, if approved.
IX. INTRODUCTION OF NEW LEGISLATIVE MATTERS
X. REPORTS OF UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Chris Thomas, Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- Chimezie Ebiriekwe, President: None.
- Vanessa Girard, Executive Vice President: None.
- Carmel Alon, Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Hayden Willis, Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director: None.
- Victor Uwakwe, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Michelle Sabin, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Farris Nabulsi, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- College of Arts and Letters:
- Encouraged members to attend the “Desserts with the Dean” at the Arts and Letters building.
- Ronnie will be studying abroad and CAL is currently accepting applications to fill the CAL Representative position.
- College of Business:
- Haley and Matthew Richman will be studying abroad next semester. The College of Business is currently accepting applications to fill these vacancies.
- College of Education:
- The College of Education is currently accepting applications to fill the Representative vacancy.
- College of Engineering:
- The media campaign for the Engineering and Interdisciplinary Studies (EIS) Building has started.
- College of Health and Human Services:
- Excited for Miracle Week!
- In the process of planning a social event with the Dean of CHHS.
- College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts: None.
- College of Sciences: None.
- Graduate Student Association:
- Lunch Break event is scheduled for next Monday.
- Will set up objectives for the upcoming semester.
- Undeclared College: None.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Vice President of University Affairs Chris Thomas adjourned the meeting.
APPROVED BY: Chris Thomas,Vice President of University Affairs
PREPARED BY: Aileen Wei, A.S. Government Secretary