SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
NOVEMBER 2, 2016 – COUNCIL CHAMBERS CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
A.S. UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MINUTES
I. CALL TO ORDER:
Vice President of University Affairs Chimezie Ebiriekwe called the meeting to order at 3:30 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL:
- Voting Members Present: Jamie Miller, Patty Masengale, Dylan Colliflower, Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Alex Shapiro, Michael Kagan, Chloe Sension, Carmel Alon, Nick Elliott, Ben Delbick, AhnaMia Maranon, Troy Owens, Linsey Santos, Ozair Purmul, Daniel DeFever, Gass Hersi (left early), Asha Abdirahim, Amy Newell, Imani White (late), Shawn Tenny (late), Dustin Pina, Dakota DeCecco, Victor Uwakwe (late), Kyle Ruiz, Josh Skolnick, Imahn Moshksar, Sarah Bentley.
- Voting Members Absent: Mitchell Frame, Lauryn Davis, Samantha Ledesma.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Vitaliano Figueroa , Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Linh Phan.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Dr. Cezar Ornatowski, Christina Brown.
- Visitors Present: McKinley Kane, Janice Dils, Joey Lucero, Jordan Maharaj, Arnelle Sambile, Chris Manigault, Celinda Vasquez, Senator Ricardo Lara, Agnes Wong-Nickerson, Dr. Radmila Prislin.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve today’s agenda. ELLIOTT/PINA There was a friendly amendment to add a time certain for the A.S. Alumni Presentation to start immediately after Public Comment and a time certain to adjourn at 5pm. There were no objections. The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes. MARANON/DEFEVER CARRIED
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- University Senate Designee, Dr. Ornatowski: None.
- University Vice President for Student Affairs Designee, Vitaliano Figueroa: None.
- A.S. Alumni Presentation:
- Chris Manigault, Celinda Vasquez and Senator Ricardo Lara talked about their past as A.S. executive officers and how the experience has shaped their lives.
- SDSU Budget Overview-Agnes Wong-Nickerson, Associate Vice President for Financial Operations and Dr. Radmila Prislin, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (Time Certain 4:00pm):
- Agnes discussed the budgeting process, CSU funding and how they affect the SDSU budget.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the general consent agenda, as attached. TENNY/DELBICK CARRIED
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full copy of the agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
IX. INTRODUCTION OF NEW LEGISLATIVE MATTERS:
X. REPORTS OF UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- Jamie Miller, President:
- Reminded everyone that requirements are due November 9 by 4pm.
- Patty Masengale, Executive Vice President:
- Encouraged everyone to sign up for the Homecoming 5k and donate to Aztecs Rock Hunger.
- There is the first home basketball game tomorrow. Get your tickets!
- All Council Training and Holiday Party will be on December 7.
- Dylan Colliflower, Vice President of External Relations:
- Registered 1,300 voters through Rock the Vote campaign!
- Don’t forget to vote next Tuesday!
- Alex Shapiro, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- There are 6 days left of Aztecs Rock Hunger. This week will be more focused on reaching out to parents and alumni rather than current students.
- ARH reveal is next Thursday in the Courtyard at 11am.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director: None.
- Michael Kagan, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Chloe Sension, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Dustin Pina, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. TENNY/SENSION CARRIED
Vice President of University Affairs Chimezie Ebiriekwe adjourned the meeting at 5:00PM.