Wednesday, February 24, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Vice President of University Affairs Andrea Byrd called the meeting to order at 3:32 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Leo Carillo, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Tyler Aguilar, Dylan Coliflower, Erik Tamiyasu, Justin Fatoohi, Shawn Tenny, Nate Lloyd, Anthony Lee(late), Keaton Lash, Marisa Cubing, Sinthia Garcia, Pablo Tinoco, Alexis Dumitrescu, Ana Morino, Muriel Robotta(late), Justin Cho, Dylan Coliflower.
- Voting Members Absent: Blaire Ward, Sergio Cisneros, Harrison Baum, Paul Sullivan, Megan Mahdi, Lewis Collazo, Ian Fielden, Ty Yates, Gervin Prado, Jonny Semaan.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown, Patty Masengale for Keagan Casey.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Vitaliano Figueroa, Dr. Cezar Ornatowski.
- Visitors Present: None.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve today’s agenda.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes, as attached.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
Taylor Kullmann and Brittany Jacjill, representatives from the SDSU Dance Team came and invited members to the SDSU Dance Team Showcase held on February 25th at 7:30pm in the Theater.
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- University Senate Designee, Dr.Ornatowski: None.
- University Vice President for Student Affairs Designee, Vitaliano Figueroa: None.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda:
It was moved and seconded to approve the general consent agenda.
- General Consent Report (Information):
The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
IX. INTRODUCTION OF NEW LEGISLATIVE MATTERS
X. REPORTS OF UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- Andrea is working with Daniel Matlock on putting on an A.S. transitioning day for next year A.S leaders on Saturday, April 30.
- Nobel Laureate Richard Schrock will be presenting in Montezuma Hall on April 6th at 4:30pm.
- Encouraged everyone to attend the Residence Life Council meeting on March 16th at 4pm to show strong representation and connect with first year students.
- Please let Andrea know if you are interested in being a part of the Take Back the Week campaign.
- Andrea and Blaire are working on a transportation safety video for campus.
- Monday, February 29th at 2:30pm will be the official grand opening of the Women’s Resource Center and the Pride Center.
- Open forum with CSU Chancellor Tim White will be March 2nd from 2:30-3:30pm in Montezuma Hall.
- Blaire Ward, President: None.
- Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President:
- Black-out basketball game is this Saturday!
- In the process of planning Atec Achievement Awards.
- Had a meeting with Aztec Nights focus groups to get feedback from students.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations:
- Attended the SDSU Scholarship Luncheon and he was impressed with how many scholars our school has.
- Gave Dylan Coliflower a shout-out for heading the voter registration campaign.
- Campus Community Commission will be renamed to Community Relations Commission.
- Gave a shout-out to Clayton Bishop and MarComm for amazing works!
- Encouraged everyone to share Business Weekly’s ranking on SDU to raise the prestige of our university.
- California Faculty Association strikes will be from April 13-19th.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- FAC approved the Daily Aztecs for graduation magazines.
- He will be working on budget deliberations.
- Reminded A.S representatives to tell their college council presidents to give a presentation to FAC for next year’s budget.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director:
- Had a meeting with UCSD and CalState San Marcos to discuss the differences and similarities between all three campuses.
- A short-term fix has been found to fix the West side of campus power outage.
- The university has hired a new Associate Director for Programming and Marketing. The search for a Union Director has started again.
- Reminded everyone to take care of their health especially during midterm season!
- Shared progress of tree mosaic.
- Keagan Casey, ASBOD Student-At-Large:
- Encouraged write-in applicants for Health and Human Services and Education.
- The Destination SDSU construction will begin soon.
- Anthony Lee, ASBOD Student-At-Large:
- He will be chairing a student involvement subcommittee meeting with UAB and CCC this Friday at 2pm.
- Student organization branding class project will start in the fall.
- A.S leaders survey will be sent out on March 1st with the intent that all members complete it.
- Met with Eric Hansen, Director of Housing Administration to discuss public transportation trends with residence halls.
- San Diego Chargers released a statement that the team prefers to explore options of a downtown stadium combined with the convention center.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Vice President of University Affairs Andrea Byrd adjourned the meeting at 4:36 PM.
APPROVED BY: Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary