Associated Students | San Diego State University
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 3:30pm
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Vice President of University Affairs Andrea Byrd called the meeting to order at 3:32 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Tyler Aguilar(late), Harrison Baum, Dylan Coliflower, Erik Tamiyasu, Ian Fielden, Justin Fatoohi, Gervin Prado, Jonny Semaan, Shawn Tenny, Nate Lloyd, Anthony Lee(late), Keaton Lash, Marisa Cubing, Sinthia Garcia, Pablo Tinoco, Alexis Dumitrescu, Paul Sullivan, Sergio Cisneros, Ana Morino, Muriel Robotta(late), Justin Cho.
- Voting Members Absent: Dylan Coliflower, Megan Mahdi, Lewis Collazo, Ian Fielden, Ty Yates.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Vitaliano Figueroa, Christina Brown, Dr. Cezar Ornatowski, Patty Masengale for Keagan Casey.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Dr. Chukuka Enwemeka.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve today’s agenda.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
Gallo Winery representative, Greg Chew, came to talk about the different opportunities the company has to offer.
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- University Senate Designee, Dr.Ornatowski:
- Updated everyone on the Board of Trustees: approved the Capital Out League Program to create entrances to campus.
- Campus Master Plan will not be presented at the Board of Trustees. Campus should only present short term plan so no mitigation cost can be incurred.
- University Vice President for Student Affairs Designee, Vitaliano Figueroa reported on the following:
- Campus Climate Survey ends this Friday!
- The university is renovating EOP office.
- Imperial Valley Campus is remodeling student affairs office.
- Thanked Dom for helping him contact Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Food Bank for ECRT.
- Provost Distinguished Lecture Event Presentation- Dr. Chukuka Enwemeka, SDSU Provost ( Time Certain 4:30 pm):
- Invited A.S leaders to attend the Provost’s Distinguished Lecture on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 from 3-4:30pm in Montezuma Hall.
- Gave a brief biography on Nobel Laureate Richard Schrock.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda:
It was moved and seconded to approve the general consent agenda.
- General Consent Report (Information):
The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
- Confirmation of UC Appointments and Review Committee member (Action):
Muriel Robotta will still be UC representative for the Appointments and Review Committee.
IX. INTRODUCTION OF NEW LEGISLATIVE MATTERS
X. REPORTS OF UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- Assistant Deans Panel is tomorrow from 12-2pm.
- Take Back the Week is coming up.
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Know Your A.S Leaders campaign is going very well!
- Reminded everyone to tell everyone about who you are not just about A.S in general.
- Thanked everyone for doing tablings.
- Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President:
- There is a home basketball game against Air Force this week! Please come out and support.
- Baseball and softball season will start next week.
- Aztecs Dance Marathon will be this weekend. Tonight it eh last day to register.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations:
- Tyler is going to CSSA this week. 2. He went over some legislation with council members.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- He is working on budget deliberation.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director:
- Reviewed Gloria Romero open meeting law guidelines with UC members.
- We still need more students to take the Climate Survey.
- Recreation field is in the process of being ready by fall.
- The design of the new student lounge went through its final approval this week.
- Anthony Lee, ASBOD Student-At-Large:
- Met with AVP of Student Affairs, Tony Chung to receive an update on the SDSU app and .edu email project.
- He is working on a project with Student Life and Leadership to create a system to generate preferences and suggestions for students to get involved.
- Anthony will be meeting with Dr. Randi McKenzie to discuss progress of PSFA council and working to have UC reps more visible through Blackboard.
- Encouraged UC members to sign up for the Leadership Summit.
- Sergio Cisneros, ASBOD Student-At-Large:
- Reminded UC members to turn in their tabling requirements by Friday at 4pm.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Vice President of University Affairs Andrea Byrd adjourned the meeting at 5:08 PM.
APPROVED BY: Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary