Wednesday, January 27, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Vice President of University Affairs Andrea Byrd called the meeting to order at 3:32 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Tyler Aguilar, Harrison Baum, Dylan Coliflower, Erik Tamiyasu, Ian Fielden, Justin Fatoohi, Gervin Prado, Jonny Semaan, Shawn Tenny, Nate Lloyd, Anthony Lee, Keaton Lash, Gervin Prado, Marisa Cubing, Sinthia Garcia, Pablo Tinoco, Muriel Robotta (late), Alexis Dumitrescu.
- Voting Members Absent: Paul Sullivan, Sergio Cisneros, Megan Mahdi, Ana Morino, Lewis Collazo, Ty Yates.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Vitaliano Figueroa, Christina Brown, Dr. Cezar Ornatowski, Clayton Bishop for Keagan Casey.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Michael Kumura, Randy Timm.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve today’s agenda.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
Paige Nulliner, Chief of Staff, talked about the Freshmen Leadership Initiative and encouraged everyone to become a mentor. She also reminded members to respond to her email about the University Senate Committee.
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- University Senate Designee, Dr.Ornatowski:
- Please let Dr. Ornatowski know about any feedback on the waitlist system.
- The Sustainable Financial Model for CSU’s is being discussed at the Board of Trustees meeting.
- University Vice President for Student Affairs Designee, Vitaliano Figueroa reported on the following:
- Gave an update on Economic Crisis Response Team: he is in the process of reaching out to the San Diego Food Bank.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda: None.
- General Consent Report (Information):
The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
IX. INTRODUCTION OF NEW LEGISLATIVE MATTERS
X. REPORTS OF UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- College Council Expo will be February 9th and 11th.
- The list of student orgs that will be tabling at the expo is due on Wednesday, February 3rd.
- University Affairs Board meetings are on Fridays from 10:30-11:30am.
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Encouraged everyone to run for election.
- Thanked Clayton on working hard on the digital signage.
- Met with the Muslim Student Association and Dr. Randy Timm to discuss further action.
- Spring into Diversity is from February 1st-11th.
- Make-up workshop is this Friday at 3:30pm for Know Your A.S Leaders Campaign.
- Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President:
- Thanked everyone for coming to Spring Retreat.
- Aztecs basketball won again!
- Aztecs Dance Marathon is on February 12-13th.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations:
- Tyler is working with the California State Student Association on asking the governor for a higher budget.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director:
- Updated everyone on the new freeway marquee sign.
- There have been upgrades at the ARC Express.
- College of Education will have 2 representatives and Engineering will have an additional representative.
- Anthony Lee, ASBOD Student-At-Large:
- Met with AVP of Student Affairs, Tony Chung to receive an update on the SDSU app and .edu email project.
- He is working on a project with Student Life and Leadership to create a system to generate preferences and suggestions for students to get involved.
- Anthony will be meeting with Dr. Randi McKenzie to discuss progress of PSFA council and working to have UC reps more visible through Blackboard.
- Encouraged council members to sign up for the Leadership Summit.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Vice President of University Affairs Andrea Byrd adjourned the meeting at 5:17 PM.
APPROVED BY: Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary