Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, March 25, 2019 - 9:00am
State Suite • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Justice Chris Lee called the meeting to order at 9:07 am in State Suite at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Angelica Espinoza (late), Christopher Lee, Josephine Chu, Katrina Mogannam, Kaila Cooper, Tiana Loving.
- Voting Members Absent: Ubaldo Martinez,
- Non-Voting Members Present: Dr. Lee Mintz, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Chris Thomas.
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
MOGANNAM/COOPER CARRIED, (4-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes, as attached.
COOPER/CHU CARRIED, (4-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
Angie apologized for being late and reminded members that appointed applications are due on April 18.
VII. VICE CHAIR REPORT
Vice Chair Chris gave an update from the last Board of Directors meeting he attended and the presentation regarding the Aztec Education at that meeting.
- Attendance: Katrina gave a recap on the leaders she reached out to.
- Proposed Bylaw and Charter Amendments: Discussed the proposed bylaw amendments, as attached.
- Reprimands Status: Will be discussed at the next meeting.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Appointments, as attached.
LOVING/CHU CARRIED, (5-0-0)
B. Awards Committee Minutes:
It was moved and seconded to table the Awards Committee Minutes, as attached.
ESPINOZA/COOPER CARRIED, (5-0-0)
C. Elections Committee Minutes:
It was moved and seconded to approve the Elections Committee Minutes, as attached, and separate out Action Item B ii.
COOPER/LOVING CARRIED, (4-0-1)
It was moved and seconded to approve Elections minutes Action Item B ii, as attached, as amended.
COOPER/CHU CARRIED, (3-0-2)
D. Requests for Excused Absences:
Postponed to next meeting.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 10:08 am.
ESPINOZA/LOVING CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Angelica Espinoza, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor