Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, February 11, 2019 - 9:00am
State Suite • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Angelica Espinoza called the meeting to order at 9:03 am in State Suite at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Angelica Espinoza, Christopher Lee, Josephine Chu, Tiana Loving, Katrina Mogannam, Ubaldo Martinez, Kaila Cooper.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Janice Dils (for Jennifer Esquivel-Parker).
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda with modification and to table Action Item A. to next week.
COOPER/LEE CARRIED, (6-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes, as attached.
MARTINEZ/CHU CARRIED, (6-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
Angie reported that Evan Atkin is the new College of Business Representative and Kaylee Rucker is the new Aztec Student Union Board Representative. There are vacant seats in Campus Community Commission (CCC) and College of Education. The deadline to apply for the CCC Commissioner is today at 4 pm and the College of Education applications is tomorrow at 4 pm.
VII. VICE CHAIR REPORT
Vice Chair Chris is brainstorming ways to get underrepresented students involved. The first prospective student leader meeting is at 3 pm today in Templo Mayor. There is another prospective student leader meeting tomorrow at 9 am in Pride Suite. He explained to the members the definition of quorum.
- Attendance: Katrina and Chris reviewed attendance.
- Update on Vacant Positions: Gave an update on vacant positions during Chair’s report.
- Elections Update: Tiana gave an update that there were 46 applications requested.
- Last Chance Alternative Requests: Ubaldo reported that he will check in with members who submitted a LCA this week. The JAC reviewed LCAs to prepare for action next week.
A. Deadlines for A.S. Duties:
Tabled to next meeting.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Appointments, as attached.
There was a friendly amendment to add Evan Atkin as the College of Business Representative and Kaylee Rucker as the Aztec Student Union Board Representative. There were no objections.
The appointments were approved as amended. CARRIED, (6-0-0)
C. Awards Committee Minutes:
It was moved and seconded to approve Awards Committee Minutes, as attached. #steampunk
COOPER/LOVING CARRIED, (6-0-0)
D. Requests for Excused Absences:
It was moved and seconded to discuss the requests for excused absences.
COOPER/CHU CARRIED, (6-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Cat Kricorian for missing All Council Training on 11/14/18.
COOPER/MOGANNAM CARRIED, (6-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Brandon Khamenian for missing University Council on 11/14/18.
CHU/MOGANNAM CARRIED, (6-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Noah Siegal for missing University Council on 11/28/18.
LOVING/MARTINEZ CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- College Democrats will be having a meeting in the Visionary Suite at 5:30 pm.
- Kaila announced to members to attend the event where a San Diego Union Tribune (SDUT) political writer is coming to campus (Nasatir Hall 141) at 7 pm.
- “More than Music Fest” raised over $2,500!
- Ubaldo encouraged members to attend the “Why I Give” event.
- Angie encouraged members to lead by example in completing requirements.
- Angie is collecting sanitary napkins for women on behalf of Rotaract.
- Katrina is no longer able to represent JAC at University Council and Campus Life Council meetings.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 10:00 am.
COOPER/MOGANNAM CARRIED, (6-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Angelica Espinoza, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor