Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, January 28, 2019 - 9:00am
State Suite • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Angelica Espinoza called the meeting to order at 9:07 am in State Suite at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Angelica Espinoza, Christopher Lee, Josephine Chu, Kaila Cooper, Tiana Loving, Katrina Mogannam, Ubaldo Martinez.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
LEE/MOGANNAM CARRIED, (6-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
LOVING/MOGANNAM CARRIED, (6-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
Angie wished everyone the start to a great final semester!
VII. VICE CHAIR REPORT
Vice Chair reported on Bylaw Section 66A that JAC assists with efficient governance.
A. Recap of Fall 2018:
1. Reviewed the requirements from last Fall.
a) Aileen will track the reprimands and include it in the JAC packets.
b) Jo will contact the eight students who did not complete or turned in their requirements late.
c) Tianna will put together a calendar of events for members to reference.
B. Spring 2019 update: Tianna will serve on the ASUB Representative interviews this Thursday, January 31 from 3:30-7:00 pm.
C. Elections update: There are still two student-at-large positions on Elections committee. The first meeting is next week. Applications are available this Friday and are due February 21 at 4 pm.
D. Awards update: Awards committee meets tomorrow at 2 pm in the A.S. office.
- The Black Resource Center (BRC) will have events the entire month of February.
- College of Democrats will have their first meeting this week.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:55 am.
LEE/LOVING CARRIED, (6-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Angelica Espinoza, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor