Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, March 19, 2018 - 8:15am
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kim Alli called the meeting to order at 8:22 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Daraja Carroll (late), Angelica Espinoza, Cynthia Medina, Russell Parris, Erick Ramirez, Michael Wiafe.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Dr. Lee Mintz, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Aiden Hayes.
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
There was a friendly amendment to remove Action Item D. Last Chance Alternative and add Safety Week as an Information Item with a Time Certain at 8:45 am. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
WIAFE/PARRIS CARRIED, (5-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
Kim informed members of the Study Abroad applications that they will review and score. They are due after Spring break.
- Attendance: Angelica will reach out to Victor and Nubia about their attendance. Kim will draft an email for Nicole and Sedona for a Last Chance Alternative. Once Graduate Student Association elects their new President, they will begin to serve in Karthik’s position since he is no longer able to serve.
- Proposed Changes to the Bylaws, Codes and Charters: The two attached proposed bylaw amendments were submitted after the deadline. JAC will review them at the next meeting.
- Russell’s Bylaw of the Week: Russell reviewed the Elections Code Appeals Panel provision.
- Campus Safety Week: Mitchell and Vanessa spoke about the events that will take place during campus safety week.
- Appointments and Resignations:
It was moved and seconded to approve Appointments and Resignations, as attached.
ESPINOZA/WIAFE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences:
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Sabrina Laut for missing Campus Life Council meeting on 3/14/18 because of late submission.
ESPINOZA/MEDINA FAILED, (0-5-0)
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Sam Emami for missing Campus Life Council meeting on 3/14/18.
MEDINA/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
The request for excused absence from Sedona Hill was tabled to next meeting.
- Elections Minutes:
It was moved and seconded to approve the Elections Committee minutes, as attached.
RAMIREZ/PARRIS CARRIED, (6-0-0)
Elections results announcement will be on Thursday, March 22 at 8 pm.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:02 am.
RAMIREZ/CARROLL CARRIED, (6-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor