Monday, November 27, 2017- 7:45 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kimberly Alli called the meeting to order at 7:55 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Erick Ramirez, Daraja Carroll, Cynthia Medina, Michael Wiafe, Russell Parris, Angelica Espinoza.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Vanessa Girard.
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda
It was moved and seconded to add a time certain Action Item A.
WIAFE/CARROLL CARRIED, (6-0-0)
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED, (6-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
MEDINA/CARROLL CARRIED, (6-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
Kim informed members of the upcoming Academic Affairs Council meeting on December 1. Kim and Daraja plan on attending. Kim asked the members to meet this week to review further the bylaw amendments and asked members to send her their tentative spring schedule.
- Attendance: Michael contacted Karthik to turn in his requests for excused absences. Michael contacted the presidents of the college councils for the College of Business and Sciences to remind them to turn in their minutes on a regular basis.
- Proposed Changes to the Bylaws, Codes and Charters: The JAC discussed the following:
The PSFA College Council Charter
1. Not in favor of PSFA college council officers being elected at the same time as Associated Students general elections.
2. The proposed PSFA duties should also count for University Council duties, too.
They are going to let the authors of the changes to the College of Health and Human Services, College of Undeclared, and College of Education charters know about the edits they are recommending.
- Approval of Spring 2018 Elections and Proposed Student Fee Referendum Timeline:
It was moved and seconded to approve the Revised Spring 2018 Elections Schedule contingent on the A.S. approving the proposed student fee referendum being held in Spring 2018.
CARROL/RAMIREZ CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Appointments and Resignations:
- Requests for Excused Absences:
All Requests for Excused Absences were postponed for the upcoming meeting.
- The Student Diversity Celebration will be on Friday, December 1 from 4 – 7 pm.
- Aztec Dance Marathon Miracle Week is this week!
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:50 am.
RAMIREZ/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (6-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor