Monday, November 6, 2017- 7:45 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kimberly Alli called the meeting to order at 7:51 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Erick Ramirez, Daraja Carrol, Cynthia Medina, Michael Wiafe.
- Voting Members Absent: Angelica Espinoza.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None
- Visitors Present: None
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda, as amended.
RAMIREZ/WIAFE CARRIED, (4-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
MEDINA/WIAFE CARRIED, (4-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
- There will be a few council members who will be leaving their role. JAC will make an announcement regarding this at the training on Wednesday and ask for these members to let JAC know so they can start to advertise.
- Kim asked members to take the survey today.
- There will be a mixer this Wednesday.
- JAC won the A.S. Board, Commission and Council Aztecs Rock Hunger competition.
- Michael gave an overview of attendance. Michael will be contacting Karthik to let him know he has reached the threshold and anything further will result in him being called into a hearing.
- Michael will also ask Aileen about Michelle Sabin’s University Council attendance and putting the College Council attendance chart in the packet each year. Each year, University Council has had attendance issues. JAC will be going to Academic Affairs Committee (AAC) to talk to presidents to discuss their issue further.
- Elections Update:
- The new system seems better; it needs to be tested for security concerns. Jen will ask Kevin for security clarifications.
- Last Chance Alternative Updates:
- Postponed to next week.
- Proposed Changes to the Bylaws, Codes and Charters:
- The JAC reviewed the charter amendments from Undeclared College Council, College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts, and College of Education. The JAC will ask the presidents of these colleges to come in to discuss.
- Appointments and Resignations:
It was moved and seconded to add Russell Parris to the Memo as a Justice and Monica Delyski as Elections Coordinator.
It was approved as amended.
- Requests for Excused Absences:
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Angelica Espinoza for missing Judicial Affairs Council meeting on 11/6/17.
MEDINA/WIAFE CARRIED, (4-0-0)
Request for Excused Absences for Matthew Richman, Sabrina Laut, and Justin Venckus will be contacted and postponed until next week. All other requests were postponed until next week.
- Recruitment Requirements:
It was moved and seconded to approve the Recruitment Requirements and assign one reprimand to the one Council member, Chloe Mouw, who did not complete it.
RAMIREZ/MEDINA CARRIED, (4-0-0)
Kim moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:58 am.
CARROL/MEDINA CARRIED, (4-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor