Monday, October 30, 2017 - 7:45 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kimberly Alli called the meeting to order at 7:53 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Angelica Espinoza, Erick Ramirez, Daraja Carrol, Cynthia Medina, Michael Wiafe (late).
- Voting Members Absent: None
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None
- Visitors Present: None
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda, as amended.
MEDINA/RAMIREZ CARRIED, (4-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
RAMIREZ/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (4-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
Study Abroad Requirements are due this Wednesday, November 1 at 4 pm in the A.S. office.
- Angelica will be reaching out to Charlotte regarding missing the Campus Life Council meeting on October 25 without submitting a request for excused absence.
- Angelica will be contacting Chimezie regarding his attendance.
- Michael will be contacting Karthik regarding his attendeance.
- Elections: Voting System Presentation (Time Certain 8:00 am)
- San Diego State University Web Services is working on a new election ballot that A.S. can self-manage. They will work with JAC on any concerns.
- Last Chance Alternative Updates:
- There were no Last Chance Alternative updates. Kim will be expecting updates and reports by Friday, November 3.
- Appointments and Resignations:
t was moved and seconded to approve Appointments and Resignations, as attached.
WIAFE/MEDINA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences:
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Quinn Toohey for missing University Council meeting on 10/4/17. It was not approved because it was outside of the deadline to submit for emergencies.
ESPINOZA/MEDINA FAILED, (0-5-0)
Matthew Richman and Justin Venckus will be contacted for clarification on the Request for Excused Absences. All other request for excused absences were postponed to next week.
- Recruitment Requirements:
Daraja will contact Mitchell and Chloe Mouw regarding their requirements.
Angelica will serve on the Appointments and Review ad-hoc committee.
Kim moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 am.
RAMIREZ/WIAFE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor