Monday, October 9, 2017- 7:45 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kimberly Alli called the meeting to order at 7:56 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Angelica Espinoza, Erick Ramirez, Daraja Carrol, Cynthia Medina, Michael Wiafe (late).
- Voting Members Absent: None
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None
- Visitors Present: None
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda, as amended.
CARROL/MEDINA CARRIED, (4-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
ESPINOZA/CARROL CARRIED, (4-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Kim wished Michael a happy birthday.
- Michael and Angelica will send out emails to members who have missed multiple meetings, regarding their attendance.
- Elections Code
- The council discussed the elections code and possible changes they would like to make to the code based on last year’s elections.
- Appointments and Resignations:
- It was moved and seconded to approve Appointments and Resignations, as attached.
ESPINOZA/WIAFE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences:
- It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Mary Staka for missing A.S. Retreat on 8/20/17.
CARROL/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Recruitment Requirements: Postponed until next week.
- Select Appointments and Review Ad-hoc Committee JAC Rep.: This will be discussed further next week when the interview schedule is established.
Donate to Aztecs Rock Hunger!
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:45 am.
RAMIREZ/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor