Monday, September 18, 2017- 7:45 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kimberly Alli called the meeting to order at 7:50 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Angelica Espinoza, Cynthia Medina, Erick Ramirez, Michael Wiafe, Daraja Carrol (late).
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda. ESPINOZA/MEDINA
Kim proposed to add Requirements for Chloe Mouw and a Last Chance Alternative Request from Mitchell Nishimoto to the agenda. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED, (4-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes. WIAFE/MEDINA CARRIED, (4-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
Kim welcomed them into the start of the fifth week at San Diego State Unviersity. SDSU won the football game against Stanford University!
- Reporting to ASBOD, ASUC, and ASCLC:
- Michael made a public comment at the CLC meeting to remind council members of upcoming deadlines and their responsibilities.
- Kim will contact Karthik Gangadharan regarding his absences.
- There are three vacant positions. We are accepting applications from September 19 to October 2. They can be picked up in the A.S. Office.
- Roles on Judicial Affairs Council: It was moved and seconded to approve the following roles:
- Michael Wiafe will be overseeing attendance.
- Daraja Carroll will be overseeing requirements.
- Erick Ramirez will be serving on elections.
- Angelica Espinoza will be overseeing attendance.
- Cynthia Medina will be serving on elections.
CARROLL/MEDINA CARRIED (5-0-0)
- Appointments and Resignations:
It was moved and seconded to approve the Appointments and Resignations memo, as attached.
RAMIREZ/CARROLL CARRIED (5-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: Postponed to next meeting.
- Appointments and Review: Postponed to next meeting.
- Deadline for Requirements:
It was moved and seconded to confirm all requirements are due November 17 at 4:30 pm.
MEDINA/RAMIREZ CARRIED (5-0-0)
- Request regarding A.S. volunteer and A.S. employment (Time Certain 8:00 am):
Sabrina Laut, Sustainability Representative, explained that she was aware of Section 28 of the A.S. bylaws that states no member of an A.S. governing board shall be an employee of the organization, but was not clear that Aztec Adventures, who she works for was a part of A.S. She would like to end her employment in Aztec Recreation but she is committed to teaching a Recreation class through October 25th. The class is Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30pm.
It was moved and seconded to permit Sabrina to continue in her position, but to remove her ability to vote through October 26, when she has completed her work with Aztec Recreation.
ESPINOZA/RAMIREZ CARRIED (5-0-0)
The JAC requested that Sabrina return next meeting with a Last Chance Alternative Request for the four hours of CLC she has and will miss.
- Chloe Mouw’s Requirement Duties: Postponed
- Last Chance Alternative Request:
Mitchell Nishimoto: It was moved and seconded to approve Mitchell Nishimoto’s Last Chance Alternate proposal, as attached, and assign him one reprimand for submitting it past the deadline. He must submit his LCA form every Tuesday before a CLC meeting.
RAMIREZ/WIAFE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:57pm. ESPINOZA/RAMIREZ CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor