Monday, September 11, 2017- 7:45 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kimberly Alli called the meeting to order at 7:52 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Daraja Carrol, Angelica Espinoza, Cynthia Medina, Erick Ramirez, Michael Wiafe
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Victor Uwakwe, Zakkiyya West.
III. MODIFICATIONS OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. CARROL/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and approved to approve the previous minutes. RAMIREZ/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
Kim expressed her pleasure to work with Judicial Affairs Council members in upcoming weeks.
- Attendance: Postponed until we can get all reports.
- Different Roles: Kim reviewed the different roles available: elections, attendance, requirements, and Last Chance Alternatives
- Elections, Awards and Appointments and Review
- Vacancies: Will be posted this week.
- Last Chance Alternative Requests (Action) (Time Certain 8:00 am):
- Victor Uwakwe: It was moved and seconded to approve Victor Uwakwe’s Last Chance Alternative request proposal, as attached, including attending a college council meeting and be involved with Aztecs Rock Hunger along with meeting with Chris Thomas, a Board of Directors member on designee for one hour each during the two weeks to appoint a designee for every two weeks. MEDINA/RAMIREZ CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Harsh Varshney: It was moved and seconded to approve Harsh Varshney’s Last Chance Alternative request proposal, as attached, to attend College of PSFA student organization meetings and hold office hours and publicize those office hours. Form must be submitted by Septmber 19. ESPINOZA/WIAFE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Zakkiyya West: It was moved and seconded to approve Zakkiyya West’s Last Chance Alternative request proposal, as attached, to schedule a meeting with Chris Thomas, the Assistant Dean, and other representatives for forty-five minutes every two weeks and first form is due September 19. CARROL/MEDINA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Deadlines for requirements: Tabling due Friday, September 15 at 4:30 pm. Remaining duties are due November 17 at 4:30 pm.
- Requests for Excused Absences: Postponed to next meeting.
Congratulations to Kim and Daraja for being nominated to homecoming court.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:49 am. RAMIREZ/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor